• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal jobs available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenfishman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but... I need to find an FHA appraiser for a reverse mortgage in:

Grand Junction, CO 81591 (FILLED)
Ocala, FL 34472 (FILLED)
Milton, FL 32570 (FILLED)
Crosby, MN 56441
Oklahoma City, OK 73159(FILLED)
Columbia, TN 38401
Fort Payne, AL 35967 (FILLED)
De Berry, TX 75639 (FILLED)
Tooele, UT 84074

NEW... NEW... NEW... as of 3/2/[email protected] 4:42pm

Harned, KY 40144
Pleasant Hill, LA 71065
Panola, TX 75685
Gordon, TX 76453
Union, MS 39156
Pomona, MO 65789
Haviland, KS 67059
Madison County, KY

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] if you cover any of these area.

Thanks,
Len

Last edited:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
why don't you just go to HUD.GOV, go to the bottom and follow the appraiser links to the roster? You can search the roster and find appraisers in about 5 minutes without having to wait for one of us to contact you.

lenfishman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
There are a couple of reasons:

The first reason is the HUD website does not have phone numbers or e-mail addresses. The second and most important reason is I don't want to refer bozo appraisers I pick at random. I would rather talk to the appraiser first to make sure they are someone I would want to refer my customers too...

The third reason is ease. When I can't find an appraiser... I have used other directory websites... but too often - I end up calling near a half a dozen appraisers before someone answers their phone. As the number of these request keep growing - I just don't have the time to make all the phone calls...

Len

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I just don't have the time to make all the phone calls...
And I generally don't have time to take the kind of phone calls you apparently are making....don't call me,I'll call you............when I am hungry and they stop making glass windows in the grocery stores.

Roy Courtney

Professional Status
State
Texas
Hey Len...
Sorry I am not familiar with your company. My office covers the De Berry, TX area and we do provide FHA appraisals for reverse mortgages. For a single family residence on less than 5 acres the fee is $450.00 with a turn time of approximately 7 days. We offer credit to all federal and state chartered banks and credit unions. Payment in advance is required by everyone else.

You should be aware that the comparable sales in this area will most likely be older and more dissimilar than desired. Distance to comparables may be 25 to 30 miles away. Every single repair item we note is disclosed and may have a photo added. Our opinion of values is NOT subject to debate.

My office does not accept ANY assignments from appraisal management companies. Thank you!

Offshore

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
The second and most important reason is I don't want to refer bozo appraisers I pick at random.
You don't know how to locate an appraiser in the digital age? Who is the bozo now?

lenfishman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Hey Roy - THANKS! Can you send me an e-mail with your contact information so I can pass it off to the bank?

[email protected]

And - don't worry - I am not a AMC... I'm just an appraiser trying to fight them!

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Not until there is preliminary communication between the potential provider of the requested appraisal and the user of that report, as those two parties exercise their opportunity to interview each other, can anyone begin to identify whether the other party is a "bozo".

The user/client gets to mention physical attributes of the subject property, its market location and those aspects that make that property truly special in that market. The appraiser gets to ask for the address and express what elements of expected Scope of Work will fulfill the assignment, quote their fee for the assignment, and iron out the details about likely turn-time and delivery of that report. The appraiser might even require that pre-payment is necessary. The appraiser might ALSO decide that there will be NO comp checking and pre-reporting of a possible value PRIOR to doing the unbiased appraisal. - - At least then each side gets to know where the other is "coming from".....a VERY important aspect of creating an unbiased assignment. FHA demands value opinions with NO implied bias.

Len,.....Have you considered going into AppraiserUSA.com and looking up the names of appraisers in the COUNTY (and/or an adjacent county) where these cities or towns are located and contacting some of those who have a designated "FHA" service identity ?

lenfishman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Hey Ross,

I have a brother-in-law who is a waste of skin. When or if he answers his telephone, he does not say "hello" or any other normal human greeting - he greets callers with some type of low pitch grunt or moan. I have run across many, many appraisers with a simlar phone skill. While I have other names and descriptions of people like my brother-in-law - in public I refer to them as Bozo's.

Since the lenders are askiing me to locate appraisers for them - I want to do my BEST to find someone who sounds like a friendly person...

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Bozo was tops, in his field!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks