• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Port and Appraisal Intitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
It has come to my attention that Appraisal Port uses the Appraisal Institute logo for their AI ready software. It appears that the Appraisal Institute is supporting this company. Does anyone know if the accept money from FNC that owns appraisal port?

I am going to the attorney general's office to discuss this tommorow.

This is very alarming. If anyone has any data please post so I can bring this information with me. I will also be sending it to Dodd's office.

Since when did the Appraisal Institute stop caring about appraisers. They seem to be all about titles and big business and AMCs now.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
I visited the websites of both the AI and AppraisalPort within the past few minutes. In my viewing of their homepages, I admit that I am uncertain as to what it is that you are referencing. Please advise.

And, you're going to the AG's office tomorrow to discuss "this" matter...what is it that you will discuss with the AG?

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Don't forget - - -

"Technology related transaction costs are included in the
above pricing."

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Read up on AIRD and you will get a pretty good idea of how the AI has sold the residential appraiser down the river ... its been going on for a while now and will continue until their memebers demand their leadership get back to core goals ... which they havent had as a primary focus for well over 10 years.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It has come to my attention that Appraisal Port uses the Appraisal Institute logo for their AI ready software.

The AIReady data storage standard was developed by FNC and AI jointly about 10 years ago.

The AI was not involved in the development of AppraisalPort and has nothing to do with the business of AP. AppraisalPort existed prior to development of AIReady.

Bearslide

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Touchy feely bedmates..........

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
The AIReady data storage standard was developed by FNC and AI jointly about 10 years ago.

The AI was not involved in the development of AppraisalPort and has nothing to do with the business of AP. AppraisalPort existed prior to development of AIReady.

WHY????????

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
WHY????????

If you are asking why AI is not part of FNC, you would have to talk to those who own FNC about that.

If you are asking why AP existed prior to AIReady, AP existed then for the same reason it exists today - to provide a communication portal between clients and appraisers. The great majority of reports that go through AP are not in AIReady format.

We have probably sent thousands of reports via AppraisalPort over the past decade. Less than 1% were in AIReady format.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
If you are asking why AI is not part of FNC, you would have to talk to those who own FNC about that.

If you are asking why AP existed prior to AIReady, AP existed then for the same reason it exists today - to provide a communication portal between clients and appraisers. The great majority of reports that go through AP are not in AIReady format.

We have probably sent thousands of reports via AppraisalPort over the past decade. Less than 1% were in AIReady format.

Come on Danny .. Im asking why AIRD was developed in the first place. Its the part I bolded ..... and I challenge you to show me how any AIReady format or the AIRD system benefits the typical appraiser.
Nice skirt around my question though .. shall we try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks