• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Port wants suggestions for improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I have been asked to participate in a conference to improve appraisalport. I would like to hear other users gripes with the system so I can voice them at the conference. If you use appraisalport and are unsatisified with something about appraisalport now is your chance.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
THAT kindly gentleman from Mississippi has done a good job with AppraisalPort and will patiently listen to you.

It was two years ago that he promissed to put the address along with the case # in the DUE TOMORROW EMAIL-so we better meet the deadline.

If he would do that --it would be PERFECT.

Rarely EVER a problem.

Thanks for your effort.

Ed in Arkansas

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
How about:

1. Have the address correct.

2. Have the borrower's phone number correct

3. Eliminate the hour and minute due time. It is insulting. Ma'am I need to inspect your property at 2:00 am because your report is due at 3:00 am.

4. All of the problems are really loan officer related and can not be fixed by appraisalport.

5. How about abandon AI ready software and make PDF the desired form of delivery.

:) :D

Em Tee

Professional Status
State
California
Amen to that Tim! Our office has a policy - no EDI, ONLY PDF!!! If they don't like it, they can order the appraisal elsewhere. :twisted:

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
State
California
Good suggestions everybody, but most of the problems sited are ( as tim points out ) client specific and not under the control of Appraisalport. I have uploaded files in both AI ready format AND PDF format to appraisalport, again it is determined by your client. Keep in mind appraisalport is an order and delivery system. One of my chief complaints is that the client's messages are communicated to me via my Email but when I (the appraiser and the person paying the fee for the service!!!) attempt to communicate with my client via appraisalport it does not generate an Email to my client, just a posting on a message board. If my client is not diligent about reading the message board then they may miss important updates.

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
My only 2 gripes are: 1) that it is incredibly slow to upload reports sometimes. I have given up on trying to watch the upload process. Now I go to grab a snack or a drink, or lunch while I wait for the file to be sent.

2) The other is the lack of timely communication. Each report is time-sensitive (often less than a week turnaround). When you enter a message and it isn't returned for 2-3 days, that is going to slow down the process dramatically and does a disservice to the client. When our workload is heavy, by the time we get a response we may have to increase the turn time even further because we have to select a new time slot for an inspection. If a response would have been more timely, several days could have been shaved off of the total turnaround time.

Doug in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks