• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Appraisal Portals/Internet Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie McFadden

Freshman Member
I recently have been contacted by a lender I haven't worked with before. They are working on a New Project with all communication through the Internet and an Appraisal Portal.

I've been Emailing appriasals for quite some time and have no problems with new technology. Just wandering if anybody has any experience with using an appraisal portal or if there are additional questions I should ask.

Thanks for the Help..

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
You have to use the Appraisal Port to transmit the report. You create a pdf file just like you would for an attachment to an email, but send it through Appraisal Port instead of emailing. Then if the client that requires transmission through Appraisal Port can't receive the file from Appraisal Port, you have to fax the report directly to the client. But you still get a bill for $5 from Appraisal Port because the actural client does all their tracking trough Appraisal Port and the client checks you in and out of Appraisal Port which generates the $5 charge. And be sure and set the Adobe Acrobat security to your file--whether you use Appraisal Port or not. (maybe that is why WAMU can't retrieve my files from Appraisal Port!)

Ronnie McFadden

Freshman Member
Thanks Jo Ann. This Lender seems to have developed thier own portal so I'll have to look into the $5 charge. My concern is that I will have no one to contact when there is an issue (Which there always seems to be in this buisness) since it deals with the internet and not a direct LO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks