• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Quality

Do you do demonstration quality appraisals in your regular every day business?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Sorry, no other choices. Lol

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Demonstration quality.

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Would be highly unlikely. Since most demonstration appraisals I have seen or heard about are done in clone home neighborhoods (think Huber homes). Maybe half a dozen different types of homes. Matched pairs out the wazoo. Nothing more than a textbook example.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Clarity isn't your long suite is it? Of course I do. My templates are designed to include all the USPAP touchstones, have adequate exhibits, and is readable and credible. Go back 15 years & my reports look very similar in format. But a demo report is meant to criticize and you can generally tell by the review who the jerk is, who is generally competent, and who is a rubber stamper. Demos tell more about the reviewer than the report. Still remember the review where they argued photos go in the front, not the back. And one that was red lined so I sent to another reviewer in Virgin Islands, who sent it back with a "WTF was that about? I don't understand the criticism."

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Another pointless poll from the usual source...I notice from the poll results that there is one person who claims to do demo quality reports in his or her everyday appraisal business...Gee, I wonder who would make such an absurd claim?

Last edited:

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Outside of the demo process itself, I have never seen a residential demonstration-type report used for any other purpose, and that makes total sense. The demo process is for a specific purpose, and few other intended users would require the same level of analysis and detail in reporting.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
State
New York
I've seen them, but obvious they're not for your run-of-the-mill lending report, because of the fees involved. You might see them from some of the national/international firms on large estate-type properties.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Around here there are a few appraisers producing 120+ page reports, but are somewhat formulaic with lots of white space. These were what we called "self-contained" and required nothing beyond the report in file. Nothing wrong with that. But a more tightly worded report is just as useful for most purposes. I don't see many reports over 60 pages with 30-40 more common in non-form world.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
For litigation work I found that experienced lawyers wanted demo-quality analysis, but for the report they wanted detail only for the key matters. Putting in "demo-type" report content that wasn't really necessary just provided more potential rabbit holes for another attorney to wonder down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks