• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal related spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I'm getting so tired of getting emails from large clients telling me that I need to attend their telephone conference in order to compete in today's market.

I'm tired of getting the Appraisal Today emails that used to contain useful information, but are now just commercials for selling books.

I'm tired of getting emails from software vendors trying to sell various online services that are overpriced despite the fact that they ignore the needed bug fixes to their programs.

I'm tired of getting emails from Henry Harrison espousing his political views despite the fact that I've unsubscribed numerous times and even exchanged some nasty emails with his staff.

I'm tired of getting emails from Working RE despite unsubscribing more times than I care to remember. I find the travel articles and inspector articles, and insurance articles to be completely innapropriate to real estate appraising and useless for my business.

I'm tired of getting emails from the National Associaton of Realtors weekly topic list that is suppose to contain appraisal articles. Amazingly, most weeks there are NO appraisal articles that they can dig up, yet they have no problem sending me coupons for discounts on copiers.

The quality of these various sources has gone way down, and what used to be useful sources of information have now all turned into ads asking for money.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
I feel your pain. Spam Spam Spam Spam

Not that you asked for a solution, but one is to use the filter / message rules that Outlook & Outlook Express have -- put those particular senders in their own little folders and look at them when you feel like it.
--or just automatically delete them.
THAT should put a smile back on your face.

<< P.S. -- you might also want to have a look at www.spamgourmet.com for disposable email addresses >>

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
You forgot the M&S sales efforts to initiate the renewal solicitation process after 3.5 months of the 12-month subscription you just started. Phone messages, emails and faxes.....every 3 weeks.....for the next 8.5 months. They could save themselves valuable cash and simply wait till the 11th month and offer that renewal for the same-or-less than you paid one year ago.

...but, to raise the price by 25% for the same product and not make specific improvements to it over the year, and not recognize the downward forces acting on the entire marketplace.....no wonder so many of them hound us so frequently.

Oh, how 'bout the offers to register with some out of state appraisal mgmnt. outfit, which is just another normal appraiser's office, but they have "contacts" with lenders from across the land.....and they'll be glad to split-fee with you on orders they send your way. I wonder how many hundreds like them launched their national "managaement" campaigns this year....just when the air is quickly leaving the baloon. Don't forget the pay-by-the-county registries that offer the same hype !

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I got a phone call from the Digital Something Network wanting
to know if I was going to do their MLS comp checks? I just
said, sorry, no thank you, not interested, good bye.

For some reason I get a lot of spam that seems to think
I'd be happier if I were bigger or longer.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
For some reason I get a lot of spam that seems to think I'd be happier if I were bigger or longer.
Hmmm, I have someone that goes so far to follow me around and even spam me with things like that from any yahoogroups posting I make. On my www.MortgageFraudWatchList.org website, they seem to know any time I am away for even a short time... hmmmmm... wonder if that 'third party software company' is cyber watching me??? Maybe I need a new tin hat and someone that can find a cyber watcher... :new_snipersmilie: I want my own black helicopter. :rof:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I like spam.

It makes me feel like I am a valuable consumer in a target market.

My dollars are sought after and I am a player in the know...besides, in today's market you need to be able to adapt to the ever changing needs of your customers and clients...why for just 29.95 a month I can be on one of a million websites that are only visited by other appraisers.

OOPS, I think I have read too much spam---it is affecting me.

I do like a good fried spam sammich with some fried bananna peppers on it. Toasted bread and some miracle whip.

Aw, crap, I'm a hick.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Pat, if you change your email address the problem will be solved. Only problem is notify all of your important clients prior to your switch over.

I have one email address that is just for my "Board of Realtors". I never read any emails that come in to that address, because they are all spams. I get about 100+ a week to that address.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
delete..........delete................delete..........and so on. I know it's irritating but why sweat the small stuff. Without Ecommerce, our internet bill would likely be higher.

Buy Pauls Appraisal

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Illinois
I think everyone should Learn how to use a little e-marketing themselves. It is tough times out there and the market really is changing. Maybe take the time to really research and see which one of those companies can help you make more money. I am not trying to offend anyone, I just think some of those advertising dollars they are spending is for a reason. - In the end I agree spam is annoying but maybe they have a good reason for sending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks