• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Subcommittee Needs And Wants Your Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Dear Council Members:

We wanted you to be aware that two banking institutions have requested that the Appraisal Subcommittee temporarily waive the requirement for use of state licensed or certified appraisers as authorized under Title XI. For background information and copies of the letters, please visit: https://www.ASC.gov/Temporary-Waiver-Requests/TWAP.aspx

The ASC is encouraging input from the appraiser community
as they consider these requests. As the first request came from a bank in the metropolitan Nashville area, an area with a large number of appraisers, an approval would certainly create a ripple effect across the country. Please submit your comments to:

Jim Park
Executive Director
Appraisal Subcommittee
1401 H Street, Suite 760
Washington, DC 20005
[email protected]

The Appraisal Foundation intends to provide comment and will provide you with a copy of our letter. Thank you for your attention to this critical matter.

David S. Bunton
President
The Appraisal Foundation
direct phone 202.624.3040
www.appraisalfoundation.org

http://appraisersblogs.com/appraiserville-fake-appraisal-shortage-claim

Thank you Mr. Miller.

Here's your chance to "get involved" and tell them what YOU think.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Dear Council Members:

We wanted you to be aware that two banking institutions have requested that the Appraisal Subcommittee temporarily waive the requirement for use of state licensed or certified appraisers as authorized under Title XI. For background information and copies of the letters, please visit: https://www.ASC.gov/Temporary-Waiver-Requests/TWAP.aspx

The ASC is encouraging input from the appraiser community
as they consider these requests. As the first request came from a bank in the metropolitan Nashville area, an area with a large number of appraisers, an approval would certainly create a ripple effect across the country. Please submit your comments to:

Jim Park
Executive Director
Appraisal Subcommittee
1401 H Street, Suite 760
Washington, DC 20005
[email protected]

The Appraisal Foundation intends to provide comment and will provide you with a copy of our letter. Thank you for your attention to this critical matter.

David S. Bunton
President
The Appraisal Foundation
direct phone 202.624.3040
www.appraisalfoundation.org

Thank you Mr. Miller.

Here's your chance to "get involved" and tell them what YOU think.

What’s the deadline? I am sick and don’t have time to confirm the deadline.

Good job Marion.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
What’s the deadline? I am sick and don’t have time to confirm the deadline.

Good job Marion.

it would have taken you less time to click on the link and read than to make your post...

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I don't even understand why there is a comment period. There is either a shortage or not.

Reactions: Eli

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
So is there a shortage of appraisers in TN or not?

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
travel-tourism-wolf-cry_wolf-the_boy_who_cried_wolf-pranks-prank_phonecalls-mba0800_low.jpg

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I just looked at the national registry, and it appears that TN has a higher ratio of CGs per 1000 residents than CA, TX, and NY, albeit a little lower than FL. For obvious reasons.

That ratio doesn't imply a crushing shortage. At California's peak CG population we were still 10% lower than the current rate for TN.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
And they have the numbers also.

So I'll assume the comments they want from "the field", pertain to why there are so many appraisers, and yet lenders are claiming appraisers can't be found.

I think it's funny since the Foundation emailed me their USPAP BOOK HOLIDAY SALE PRICE. Seems to me, if they can send you advertising, they ought to be able to email their questions direct to you.

upload_2018-1-4_14-8-6.png

Technology.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I started reading the comments in this Blog....Let me say this; here is no Shortage..

Frankly a Choke point are the AMC's.

I have been saying appraisers are the choke point...I have changed my mind because of what I have been reading and experiencing -

I have been getting so many broadcast request from AMC's - I rarely do anything for an AMC. - Fee is to low and turn time to short,

Now, why am I saying AMC's are the Choke point - Well Why do I keep getting Broadcast and direct E-mail request for the same property over and over from different AMC's- It got really bad when they actually call me on the phone...

Answer - No one wants to work that cheap.

So they actually go days without finding someone.

AMC's Spare me your whining about a fixed Fee negotiated with your Client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks