• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Subcommittee reports on license suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvonne dill

Sophomore Member
I have a morbid interest in the profession, so I get daily emails from www.ASC.gov concerning license suspensions, revocations, surrenderments, and expirations. I have been getting these emails for 2 years.

In the last 3 months, I have been surprised at the amount of fall out going on around the country. Maybe all this jacked up appraising is starting to catch up.

CA has revoked, suspended, and/or persons have surrendered over 200 licenses in the past 2 months. AZ is not far behind. GA purged 10-20 this month.

We could lose half the appraisers in this country and never miss them.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Yvonne,

I get the same thing. Take another look at the suspension/revoke dates. Some of them go way back to the early 90s. Looks like they just keep posting the same ones along with a couple new ones. I just look at the ones with the newest dates now.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Is that the revocation date or the date that person was licensed?????

Ken in Arkansas

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
It is my understanding that it the revocation date. Be aware when you see 200 suspensions in one state that likely renewals were not posted within the prescribed time frame. Two years ago, all of the Arkansas appraisers, including myself, were suspended because the renewals were not received by the ASC. I understand that they were sent, just not received or posted in a timely manner by the ASC.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
This thread appears to confirm NEVER believe everything U read & this is why Appraisers should verify everything with a MINIMUM of two 2 sources. note the MINIMUM Here in AZ the board is going to increase licensing fees so they'll have more money to increase the investigation portion of the board. Yes they have had more displanary actions taken in past year than any other. This info is from the president of the board. Verified by the lead investigator of the board.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Karl's post motivated me. I was reading the Alabama's Boards minutes of the meetings yesterday. They were happy they had the number of active investigations (or was it pending complaints?) down to 100! Will say they are busy. Just wish I knew more about the complaints and how justified they are.

But I must say some that make it into the Newsletter sounds like they deserved what they got and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks