• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Summit 2017 - Appraiser Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valueseeker

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Hello again guys / gals,

I love Vegas and the fact that I can take CE, learn, and have fun on the same 'business trip' is enticing. I know there are some folks that don't go to these as it takes away from productivity, but I wanted to hear from the ones that have.

1. Was it worth the trip? Would you go again?
2. What were your takeaways from the trip?
3. Did you get to meet anyone from this forum down there?

You all have been very helpful and if there's an opportunity to briefly meet some of you - it would be great to meet the person behind the avatar. Although I'm new to the forum i picture a gathering of appraisersforum.com folks somewhere at these conference where you can say hello. Bad idea? Anyone use Meetup or something similar for one of these? Well anyhow, I don't mean to get too off topic, just thoughts on these conferences in general would be appreciated. Thanks again folks.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Opposite. I'd as soon take class in Nebraska as Vegas, but you undoutedly .can learn a lot and interact with folks at such groups

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Last time I went to Vegas was for an ERA convention. I was a speaker at a break out session. Was down $1,800 after the first night and that was back when $1,800 was a whole lot of money. Took me 3 days to get it back and I decided Vegas isn't for me.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I went to the one in 2009, I think it was. The "summit" was of interest. It did not lead to any new work. It rained.
I am not much interested in gambling. There were no good classic rock acts playing while I was in Vegas, and nothing else much I wanted to see.
If they have one in So Cal I would probably go. But I can't see spending the money to travel cross country for it.

Valueseeker

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Vegas aside, no value to going to the event that you went to?

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
I recommend AI's connect.

Good classes, lots of great people to meet and the food was decent.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I went to one in 2010 in Vegas. It was OK. I would not go back unless it were on the East Coast. I heard they are thinking about doing one in Atlanta soon.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
I'd as soon take class in Nebraska as Vegas

Same here. I actually won a free entry pass to the 2016 Vegas Valuation Expo and still didn't go.
Wasn't interested in the Expo nor in paying for airfare / hotel to stay in Vegas.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
If Vegas Wayne was hosting a thing, I might have to go.
Props to Wayne, he has proved helpful, and knowledgeable. :peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks