• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Trainee - Renewal

Kavin Reddy

Freshman Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
I completed 75 hrs education and wrote IL state exam. I got license 7-8 months back, I need to renew my license as it is going to expire on 08/30/2019. First of all, it's hard to get a supervisor and complete training hours.

I just email got below email: why I need to take 28 hr CE, I am not fully licensed (residential or commercial). Just passed state trainee exam 7 months back and trying to complete work hours. As a trainee do i need to complete CE 28 hours?

Dear Licensee:

In accordance with ASC Policy Statement 4, the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Real Estate ('the Division') has conducted a compliance audit regarding your continuing education (CE) requirements.
Pursuant to Section 1455.160 of the Administrative Rules, you were to complete twenty-eight (28) hours of CE between October 1, 2017 and June 30, 2019. This includes: the 2018-2019 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course (or its equivalent).
According to our records, the following CE was reported to the Division for the above-stated period:
Elective/USPAP
Hours
Course Name
Elective
xxxxxxxxxx
Elective
xxxxxxxxx
Our records indicate the following CE DEFICIENCY:
11 - Elective Credits
7 - USPAP Credits
If you have fulfilled the CE requirements prior to June 30, 2019, you must submit satisfactory evidence of compliance to the Division in the form of course Certificates of Completion no later than September 30, 2019.
If you have not satisfied the above deficiency prior to June 30, 2019, you have until September 30, 2019 to submit satisfactory evidence of compliance by submitting copies of course Certificates of Completion along with an administrative fee equal to $100 per CE hour missed. The fee must be a check or money order, payable to IDFPR – Division of Real Estate, and is capped at $2,000.
  • Example 1: (If you are 7 hours deficient, the fee required is $700)
  • Example 2: (If you are 3 hours deficient, the fee required is $300)
  • Example 3: (if you are 20 to 28 hours deficient, the fee required is $2,000)
Failure to respond to this notice or failure to submit required documentation by the September 30, 2019 deadline will be considered a violation of the Administrative Rules and your license may be subject to public enforcement action.

Kavin Reddy

Freshman Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
I completed 75 hrs education and wrote IL state exam. I got license 7-8 months back, I need to renew my license as it is going to expire on 08/30/2019. First of all, it's hard to get a supervisor and complete training hours.

I just email got below email: why I need to take 28 hr CE, I am not fully licensed (residential or commercial). Just passed state trainee exam 7 months back and trying to complete work hours. As a trainee do i need to complete CE 28 hours?

Dear Licensee:

In accordance with ASC Policy Statement 4, the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Real Estate ('the Division') has conducted a compliance audit regarding your continuing education (CE) requirements.
Pursuant to Section 1455.160 of the Administrative Rules, you were to complete twenty-eight (28) hours of CE between October 1, 2017 and June 30, 2019. This includes: the 2018-2019 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course (or its equivalent).
According to our records, the following CE was reported to the Division for the above-stated period:
Elective/USPAP
Hours
Course Name
Elective
xxxxxxxxxx
Elective
xxxxxxxxx

Our records indicate the following CE DEFICIENCY:
11 - Elective Credits
7 - USPAP Credits
If you have fulfilled the CE requirements prior to June 30, 2019, you must submit satisfactory evidence of compliance to the Division in the form of course Certificates of Completion no later than September 30, 2019.
If you have not satisfied the above deficiency prior to June 30, 2019, you have until September 30, 2019 to submit satisfactory evidence of compliance by submitting copies of course Certificates of Completion along with an administrative fee equal to $100 per CE hour missed. The fee must be a check or money order, payable to IDFPR – Division of Real Estate, and is capped at $2,000.
  • Example 1: (If you are 7 hours deficient, the fee required is $700)
  • Example 2: (If you are 3 hours deficient, the fee required is $300)
  • Example 3: (if you are 20 to 28 hours deficient, the fee required is $2,000)
Failure to respond to this notice or failure to submit required documentation by the September 30, 2019 deadline will be considered a violation of the Administrative Rules and your license may be subject to public enforcement action.

Do we need 28 hours of CE for Trainees? or is this for Certified appraisers?

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
In your shoes I assure you I'd be behind the wheel of my car driving to their Office and get it straightened out Monday Morning. Do not trust computers.

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
Depending on Illinois rules and your education provider you may be able to use some or all of the classes you used to obtain your license. Again I do not know about Illinois but in Michigan most class credits can be used for education and CE. In the past I have used most of my education classes for the majority of my CE and only needed to add the required USPAP update and Michigan Law classes.

Check with your education provides to see if their education training classes have also been approved for CE. Then check with the Illinois Licensing Division to see if they will allow you to use the same classes to meet both sets of criteria.

Kavin Reddy

Freshman Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Depending on Illinois rules and your education provider you may be able to use some or all of the classes you used to obtain your license. Again I do not know about Illinois but in Michigan, most class credits can be used for education and CE. In the past, I have used most of my education classes for the majority of my CE and only needed to add the required USPAP update and Michigan Law classes.

Check with your education provides to see if their education training classes have also been approved for CE. Then check with the Illinois Licensing Division to see if they will allow you to use the same classes to meet both sets of criteria.

It's hard to complete training hours with a supervisor. I am waiting for Practical Applications of Real Estate Appraisal (PAREA) to remove Supervisor concept. the current system is very bad, and nobody wants trainees to enter the system. everybody feels we steal their money. I wish PAREA should come right away and give the opportunity to enter the 1000's of new/young people.

Shaunak81

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
Hi Kevin, I am a trainee in Illinois and got the same email. Illinois requires to complete 28 hrs of CE which will include 7 hrs of USPAP for 2018-2019 I completed my QE from appraisal institute and the same are approved as CE. I have been trying to contact licensing department via phone but no on answers. They are also asking to pay a administrative fee of max$2000, if CE is not completed prior to June. As suggested will have to check if same courses can be used as CE.

My question is if I don't renew until I find a mentor, how would that affect me. Thanks

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks