• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Waivers: The Future is Here

TerryRohrer

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
Good story. I would be amazed at such circumstances as well. Only 1 in 10 purchases gets a waiver. That makes the odds of two consecutive purchases getting a waiver at 1 in 100. Throw in the fact that the LTV is checked using an alternative valuation methods, and the odds in the cited case would appear even longer. But, hey, I am sure the account is 100% accurate - I mean, it was posted by someone on the Internet, and we all know that agents are always relay things in a 100% unbiased and accurate way :)
Similar to the odds the GSEs will be honest and transparent and unbiased with taxpayers about what they are up to!

chad hampton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Good story. I would be amazed at such circumstances as well. Only 1 in 10 purchases gets a waiver. That makes the odds of two consecutive purchases getting a waiver at 1 in 100. Throw in the fact that the LTV is checked using an alternative valuation methods, and the odds in the cited case would appear even longer. But, hey, I am sure the account is 100% accurate - I mean, it was posted by someone on the Internet, and we all know that agents are always relay things in a 100% unbiased and accurate way :)

I’ll let my friend and neighbor know a random guy on the Internet called him a liar. I bet he cares less than I do. Although I doubt that’s possible.

how about the 2 family members that had hybrids done on their homes. both came back signed by appraisers that lived several states away and magically came in at exactly the value they told their loan officers they thought it would be.

I don’t blame you for being defensive. This is the system you played a part in creating.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I’ll let my friend and neighbor know a random guy on the Internet called him a liar. I bet he cares less than I do. Although I doubt that’s possible.

how about the 2 family members that had hybrids done on their homes. both came back signed by appraisers that lived several states away and magically came in at exactly the value they told their loan officers they thought it would be.

I don’t blame you for being defensive. This is the system you played a part in creating.
I dont think Danny has any skin in the game as far as waivers they have been in the making for quite a few years the just had to wait for technology to catch up. Also those 2 family members that got hybrids that hit th bulls eyes were probably happy as hell and if they were not then both are dumb as rocks.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
LOL - Defensive? Is that the label one uses when actual data does not align with the narrative?

The GSEs have been doing waivers since long before I joined in late 2019. Yet, you somehow think that I had a hand in creating that system?!? Wow - I didn't know I had that kind of reach. Never let facts stand in the way of a good jab. :)

I hope you all have a good weekend, and that you get a chance to relax.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
LOL - Defensive? Is that the label one uses when actual data does not align with the narrative?

The GSEs have been doing waivers since long before I joined in late 2019. Yet, you somehow think that I had a hand in creating that system?!? Wow - I didn't know I had that kind of reach. Never let facts stand in the way of a good jab. :)

I hope you all have a good weekend, and that you get a chance to relax.

lighten up francis

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks