• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Web School (online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Gomberg

Sophomore Member
Has anyone had any experience with these folks? I am interested in taking some courses with them but would like to see if anyone had some feedback or knew someone who dealt with them. Thanks in advance.

Phil Chamberlin

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I just completed 2 courses from appraisalwebschool.com - the National USPAP and Appraisal Methods - for 29 hours.

For an on-line course they were pretty good.

They present a chapter with quizes as you go through chapter, then go again through same chapter and quizes. You need to get every answer correct twice before you are allowed to proceed to next chapter. If you miss a question, it will ask several questions again then ask the question(s) you missed. End of course had required review chapters.

USPAP had a final exam and the Appraisal Methods had no final exam.

Only problems were: 1) the USPAP final exam required a proctored exam - and you have to locate a proctor for your test; and 2) you better not need the USPAP course really quick, because they ship the test to the proctor by UPS ground from Georgia (1 week to WA) and it is returned also by UPS ground to Georgia.

The USPAP final was 50 multiple choice Appraisal Foundation test - took 20 minutes. None of the questions were from the course quizes.

Joe Gomberg

Sophomore Member
I had already signed up for some of the classes they offer. So I'm a little familiar with the process now. That is very strange and a little disheartning to hear that the USPAP class didnt give you any help on the test?!

Phil Chamberlin

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Joe - I probably won't have passed the exam if I had not taken the course. The information was presented very well.

My main comment about the course/exam was that none of the final exam questions was on any of the quizes.

One nice advantage of taking the course online - none of the annoying ridiculous hypothetical situations that are brought up for discussion by attending appraisers in the classroom courses.

I would take a course from CompuTaught/appraisalwebschool again.

One final comment, for some reason the price of the course varies from state to state. Go to your browser and type in "appraisalwebschool" and your state, then try another state. WA was $195, CA was $225.

Phil Chamberlin

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Just an update on appraisalwebschool/CompuTaught.

I took the proctored final exam for the 15 hour National USPAP course three weeks ago today, on August 6, and I still do not have the certificate of course completion needed to renew license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks