• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisalport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Some time ago, I think there was some discussion on this Forum about AppraisalPort. Is it advantageous for an appraiser to register with them?

A lender that contacts me from time to time pays well, allows plenty of time, uses AppraisalPort. I'm considering registering with AppraisalPort. What are the pros and cons?

Thanks,

Tom

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
AppraisalPort is a delivery system used by several lenders. It can be beneficial to use AppraisalPort if you have a major client that requires you use it. They accept pdf, but prefer AI-Ready transmissions, so they can do whatever they do to the appraisal. AppraisalPost swears they are merely a delivery system and does not mine the data. There is a $5 charge per appraisal through Appraisalport, but if you get $3-15,000 worth of appraisals throught the system then the $5 per appraisal does not seem that bad. Appraisalport will order the appraisal for you client and you are required to log on and accept or decline. You then deliver it to them instead of the client and they deliver to the client.

Em Tee

Professional Status
State
California
We use Appraisalport for only one of our clients - WAMU. It's merely a way to receive orders and send back the completed appraisal. Personally, I think email is just as effective but that's the way WAMU does it so we comply. We only pay $5 per order - no big deal.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
And more and more of the larger lenders are going to Appraisal Port. When they start looking for an appraiser, they search Appraisal Port first and then contact appraisers that are already on Appraisal Port to register for their company. I have developed some new clients through that process. I do not use AI ready software, I send a pdf file just trying to make it a little harder for the client to mine the data, they are going to even if I snail mail the report to them anyway. Also based on discussion last week during a seminar, the AI ready software rearranges and deletes the exhibits the client doesn't want. Unless they work awfully hard with a pdf file that has both my software security and Adobe Acrobat security--that won't be so easy. So the client receives my entire package with a pdf file.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
The PDF thru AppraisalPort is preferred because the client can page up or down much easier.

Don't sweat the "Data Mining", it can be done on any doc that comes up on the screen or hard copy.

I can take a report, change the adjustments, give a new value and sign it "Adolph Hittler" and send it back to you.

Any hard copy can be sent overseas and they can input it into a data base for pennies.

Relax, a keep the tapes tight.
ed in the backwoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks