• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Appraise-it Vs Wintotal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Please excuse the similarity to a similar recent thread, but my question is more specific.

In the first or second quarter of '04, I'll be leaving my present firm to form my own small family firm. Wife is "retiring" from full time employment to preform administative functions and son is joining me as an apprentice.

The only purchase that concerns me is the software. I'm throughly familiar with Appraise-It after having used it for hundreds of appraisals. To me it seems like a buggy program with frequent glitches. The tech support is either expensive or slow. The method of inserting photos and maps seems awkward. BUT, I have absolutely no point of reference since Appraise-it is all that I've used.

Have any of you used both programs? Could WinTotal be superior enough to justify the learning curve? I'll have to purchase either software so cost is not an issue. If I buy Apprais-It, I suppose I could bring some of my archives home which is an argument for taking the course of least resistance and buying Appraise-It.

I have ordered the WinTotal demo which might help me answer my own question. However, I really would appreciate some input especially from anyone who has used both systems.

Thank you

David Mullen

I would suggest that you get as many free trial versions as you can from the various companies and try them all.

I did that several years ago and while I liked WinTotal, it had many more features than I needed so I bought Toolbox.

If I was going to change from it, I would contact all the others again to see how their current version compare.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
I used Appraise-It for about two years and have used WinTotal for about four. I like WinTotal better. I didn't notice much of a learning curve. If you're able to attend one of Alamode's seminars that would be helpful. Your Appraise-It files should transfer to WinTotal without a problem. Superior tech support, IMHO. Good luck.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I currently use Appraise-It and am also looking to change software. Have you tried a Click Forms demo? They have a fully working beta version available and I've been using it, on and off, for about a month. I might actually switch to Click Forms once they've fully completed the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks