• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser's 4th sense

ramrcdk

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
My point is good appraisers have innate skills to get answers in investigating properties.
Everything is not learned by reading textbooks and following procedures guided by USPAP and lender's guidelines.
If you don't get it, you don't got it.
OK I choose "B".
Simply stated, appraising includes daily investigationS & that is nothing NEW or Clever.
The point-made in your post was: " impatience in his mumbling
but somehow I knew I had to talk with the wife for straightforward answers."
EQUALS: simply DECLINE assignments where your impatience to documenting information becomes irrational.

Irrational behavior is one of the most difficult behaviors to deal with. When someone is being irrational, they don't listen to reason, logic, or even common sense.
They are laser focused to fulfill a need.
" If you don't get it, you don't got it."

**Then there's Post #8. In the game of : Truth... OR ...Dare : why would you even think to post that?
What you share "here" EQUALS: "some less than professional appraiser that I would never want to show up at MY home" but then he never showed up
because he forgot his wallet, license, all 4 tires, car keys, the appraisal address, mask, pen, pants, ................ & it was a good day or two
because he didn't get dinged by UW.

In fairness: at times your foolish rants are awkwardly humorous.

Last edited:

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
OK I choose "B".
Simply stated, appraising includes daily investigationS & that is nothing NEW or Clever.
EQUALS: simply DECLINE assignments where your impatience to documenting information becomes irrational.

Irrational behavior is one of the most difficult behaviors to deal with. When someone is being irrational, they don't listen to reason, logic, or even common sense.

**Then there's Post #8. In the game of : Truth... OR ...Dare : why would you even think to post that?
What you share "here" EQUALS: "some less than professional appraiser that I would never want to show up at MY home" but then he never showed up
because he forgot his wallet, license, all 4 tires, car keys, the appraisal address, mask, pen, pants, ................ & it was a good day or two

I have no shame. Yes I'm forgetful and I don't like it.
It's inconvenient and takes time but when I go into the house, I do my job and the occupants have always been satisfy.
I'm sorry if I don't fit your mode of what a professional appraiser should be.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I have no shame. Yes I'm forgetful and I don't like it.
It's inconvenient and takes time but when I go into the house, I do my job and the occupants have always been satisfy.
I'm sorry if I don't fit your mode of what a professional appraiser should be.
Sorry & really sorry. It was not my intent to be overly crass. And it does appear I WAS ! Have a good day!

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
OK ...why did you feel the need to inform us of that?
What did we learn from that? Senseless & that You have no patience.
Fernando this forum is not your daily diary.
Think!
Get some sleep...posting "that" at 3 AM.
Perhaps you made his "day" by simply following you around his house. Did that ever cross your mind?
Sorry ...not sorry.

Every single post that Mr. Fernando posts provides insight that I subsequently apply to assignments, although sometimes it takes days for the subliminal value to be apparent to me.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
OK I choose "B".

. . . unlike your responses, unfortunately IMNSHO . . .

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks