• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisers Going To Jail In Our Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
The appraiser's name fits him perfect. :rofl:

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
My favorite part was lawyer Snead's husband was a notary republic in her law office. Maybe we should expand our practices by hanging out our notary republic shingle now that we know that you can make a living being a notary republic. If you are married to a lawyer you can probably charge $200 per notary pop and add it to the closing costs. How could anybody take a $150,000 property and make it look like it was worth $400,000? Answer is: It made the deal work so who gives a damn. If the appraisal came up $5,000 short the lender would have called for three more comps.

Daniel Williams

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
hey......Joe....watch it :blink:

My grandmother maiden name was Dumas....
Didn't you ever see that comercial with the interviewee calling the prospective boss My. DumAss instead of Dumas (as in alexander)

Peace,

daniel

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Awwh man, I was gonna post about this. Found out yesterday about the bust, but was too bizzy. :D

I've been watching this group do some interesting things for a long time...... and was just waiting for the fit to hit the shan. :p

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. :D

P.S. Got a call this morning from an attorney in Hotlanta about doing some reviews in my area. Seems some lender somewhere is looking at a less than full portfolio file, and wants to know why. I think the good, honest appraisers are about to get really busy......

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Originally posted by M Leggett@Apr 9 2003, 03:20 PM
Got a call this morning from an attorney in Hotlanta about doing some reviews in my area. Seems some lender somewhere is looking at a less than full portfolio file, and wants to know why. I think the good, honest appraisers are about to get really busy......

I hope your right!! I have one in my town I think I would offer to pay to do the reveiws on his work!

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Oh Great
I just saw one of properties in our REO. Nice looking old GA 4plex with lots of deferred maint. But if you squint it is a beautiful place. Appraised in 01 for 272k but we will have to wait and see what the REO appraisal comes in at.
Looks like a great place to convert back to a grand ole SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks