• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisers Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
OK guys and gals, I am on the warpath. A quick check of the petition revealed that there are some appraisers, trainees and trainee wan-a-bees who have not signed the petition.

I understand that this might be an oversight because the petition has such a small button on the web page and could be overlooked. None the less, this is important and we should insist for there support.

So I think the regulars should grant amnesty for one week, starting today and ending on 6/23/03.
After that if an appraiser or trainee or trainee wan-a-bee ask for help and we find out they have not signed WE SHOULD JUST IGNORE THEM.

Am I right or am I just blowing hot air? What do you think?

ftr, I am #36 signatore

Tater Salad

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Andrew, that's not very PC--are you suggesting that we punish those that don't share our views? :eek: :p

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Didn't sign the petition.

Some blame and punishment should be directed toward appraisers as well. If explicit pressure on the appraiser is gone, implicit pressure comes to the fore.

The petition is too simplistic. I am not referring to the NC petition.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm in the first 100 signatures and it hasn't hurt me one little bit.

If anyone is that afraid that they don't sign the petition, I feel sorry for you.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
You know (Texan), I would swear to you I signed the petition over two years ago, but I could not find my name and I did not see a search function, so I signed it again. I saw it signed by one appraiser three times in a row. Does it lose credibility if the same name is on there multiple times. I know I signed it two years ago, but I couldn't find it. :eyecrazy:

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
How is PRESSURING an Appraiser to sign the Petition any different than what the petition is about???

Sorry but I think that this is absurd suggestion!!

Now with that said I am going to sign it. I didn't when I first joined because I was in a battle with the state and didn't want to take any chances. Till now I had forgotten I had never signed it once that was resolved. So thanks for the reminder.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Bad Idea,
However it would not hurt to ask any poster that has not yet signed why they have not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks