• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Appraisers Toolbox - Xp Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Kilpatrick

Freshman Member
I am running Appraisers Toolbox on 2 machines using XP Pro. When I loaded the 9.86 version of Toolbox, the existing reports would not sync to the software. Bradford told us to go in a link the report file types to Toolbox which we did but we still have problems with reports. We have talked to other 9.86 users that have not experienced this problem using XP.

Can any one help

Thanks you

John Hassler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I'm running Toolbox 9.86 on two xp pro machines and have no problem but my files are on a server running win2k. I'm also running the new 32-bit Clickfors on these machines. I'd try re-loading 9.86. Not quite sure what you mean by "not sync"; If re-loading doesn't work please give more details. I can also send you the known working "sample" report in the software with the *.u2d extension to see if you can open it (email me privately).

John Hassler

BTW There was another Clickforms update released just this last friday

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Tom,

Do you have 9.86 on both machines?? Because once a file is written in 9.86 format, it can't be read by an older version of Toolbox.

I have Toolbox running on XP Home Edition with no problems.

Ben

KD247

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Tom,

You said "the existing reports would not sync to the software." What do you mean by this?

I get the feeling that you are in Windows Explorer and when you click on a report file, Toolbox does not open. If that's the case, when the "Windows Cannot Open..." window pops up:

"Select this program from a list"
OK
Clickforms
OK

That will set the file association. You need to repeat this for each report type.

If this isn't your problem, let us know exactly what's going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks