• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser's Trip Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
That appraiser is damn well lucky to be rid of that guy!!!!

If I go to the property, and see the house, then the borrower cancells when I am standing at the dorostep, they are damn well getting charged for it.

Pine Tree

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
That message board can be an eye opener and a bit depressing!
It demonstrates the extent of the disrespect and even contempt our clients have for us.. Lovely.

The message from the orignial poster is appraiser=anoyance.. Gratefully, most of the posters, for a variety of reasons, did feel it paying the appraiser was the "right thing to do"; what is a bit disappointing is that most seemed to miss the point that being stood up for an apt / cancelation at the door is not just time spent , it's also missed opportunity to complete other work for which we are paid! The post drawing the comparsion re: his fees as a referee "got it"
Wendy

Phil Rice

Professional Status
State
Colorado
my 3 cents:

the one who started the post (Dan?) is an idiot. Yes, there are idiot mortgage brokers. The good news is that the majority of those who posted had the right idea.

Yes, some of our clients see appraisers as annoying, unreasonable, narrow minded, etc, etc

Read what gets posted here and you quickly get the impression that appraisers think very bad things about brokers. And if a mortgage broker were to judge by this forum, they would get the impression that all appraisers have disdain for all mortgage brokers.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Wonder why he is complaining he gets his 2 to 3+ percent commision on the house which is way more than the 275 + 75 paid to the appraiser. Which typically gets passed onto the borrower.

Most of them seemed to get the idea to go ahead and pay the appraiser and understood the cost of doing business. But some of them don't. As far as the appraiser is concerned sounds as though he is well rid of he guy and for every client you lose you always seem to pick up another one or two. To me weed through the bad ones to find the diamonds in the ruff.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
It said I didn't have authorization to view the thread. :angry:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Yeah, got the same message, I think they have finally blocked appraisers from viewing their board. Figgers!

Kelly S

Professional Status
State
California
I just read the entire post and replies and want to SCREAM! I just had this happen to me! I show up at the door and the borrower (in his jammies) says, "Oh, I cancelled the loan yesterday afternoon. Didn't Mr. Mortgage Broker call you?"

Now, this was AFTER spending the morning checking comps, driving 45 minutes in traffic and getting up early to make an 8am appointment (which I had confirmed the previous morning). Mr. Mortgage Broker is balking at paying me a trip fee.

It's really upsetting that there is a basic lack of understanding about the business and how we all fit in the puzzle (Realtors, inspectors, appraisers, lenders, mortgage brokers, borrowers, buyers, sellers!). Appraisers b*%ch about lenders, Realtors, borrowers...lenders b*%ch about appraisers...borrowers b*%ch about Realtors...the cycle is never-ending!

Why can't we all just get along! (naive, I know! tee hee)

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Charge them a cancellation fee! I would. In fact, we are going to charge $50 if canceled before going out and $100 if we get there and they cancel. This is happening all to often these days.

Wait til you do the job and then the lender doesn't pay. Talk about getting upset! I am still waiting on a $2,000 fee from a California lender. I should have known better!

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Like anything in this world there are GOOD & BAD, brighten my day to see the majority were on the Appraisers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks