• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisers With Real Estate Sales Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
In TN, I sometimes feel like some of my associates that hold both a real estate sales license and an appraiser license wish appraisers would go away. They would gladly turn in their appraiser licenses and do all BPO’s. They actually like doing BPO’s. Many don’t even do appraisals anymore even though they have an active appraiser license.

I wonder how many people are in that category nationwide. I sometimes wonder how many people on this forum are in that category. There has to be some people on here in that category.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
i love appraising and selling! selling is definitely easier money but appraising is more constant and i hate doing BPO's.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
In TN, I sometimes feel like some of my associates that hold both a real estate sales license and an appraiser license wish appraisers would go away. They would gladly turn in their appraiser licenses and do all BPO’s. They actually like doing BPO’s. Many don’t even do appraisals anymore even though they have an active appraiser license.

I wonder how many people are in that category nationwide. I sometimes wonder how many people on this forum are in that category. There has to be some people on here in that category.

Most I know prioritize sales first and appraising a very distant second. I'm betting some only got into the appraisal game because they could influence market value to support their sales. I know one small town broker/agent/appraiser/assessor that came out and told me so.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
We're not allowed to do BPOs here, although, they keep trying to change that.
Sales take precedence over appraising here too, because face it, we're all going to work for the money, so the best paying job is what gets your attention first. Otherwise, our salespeople don't have any issues with appraisers. They've always been nice to every appraiser I know here.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
State
California
Most I know prioritize sales first and appraising a very distant second. I'm betting some only got into the appraisal game because they could influence market value to support their sales. I know one small town broker/agent/appraiser/assessor that came out and told me so.
yeah, there can be a definite conflict of interest in small markets.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
One valid assumption or maybe derivation would be that in 1992, the percentage of appraisers with licenses actually doing appraisals was higher then vs now, at least in TN. Because the ones I know and am referring to were doing appraisals then and some don’t do any now. Surely the ASC has the capacity to analyze such factors with all the technology today.

This too would throw water on some of these “fake” solutions to bring new people into the appraisal profession.

Last edited:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
I do not believe they want to analyze any of it. That's why the 4 year degree thing was pushed, why the CFPB never opened the 1-800 hot line for appraisers to report, but rather opened it for others to report appraisers.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I do not believe they want to analyze any of it. That's why the 4 year degree thing was pushed, why the CFPB never opened the 1-800 hot line for appraisers to report, but rather opened it for others to report appraisers.

Maybe. I would rather think they don’t feel like it is their responsibility, but if not them, then who? They are the shoulders it should fall squarely on.

The data they could produce would tell facts that would kill some fake news. Of course they would have to stick their nose where some spreading fake news don’t want their nose.

Last edited:

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I am a Broker and an Appraiser. Its appraising all day every day for me. I only use my Broker license to help friends buy houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks