• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

APPRAISERSdotCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Manley

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
I've been considering getting listed on this site and was just wondering if I could get some feedback from other people who are listed on here. How many hits do you get from it per month...etc...

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Josh Shapiro

Professional Status
State
Florida
It is advertising! If you are running a business without advertising and doing well, more power to you. However you need to get your name out there. Yes they charge a fee, most all of the LISTING servuces do. Even the ones that are "free", charge you if you want your listing to be productive. No offense Wayne. Yes your site is free as long as you want your name on the 10th page in the county. If you want your name to be seen he charges you. More power to Him if you ask me. He is making a killing selling "space". Wish I had though of it!

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
The one and only Paid Site

Wayne's Site is the best site but this is the best paid site.

I have been listed with them for over 5 years. They had the great foresight to grab the site name and surprisingly it worked. Seekers just type it in and it comes up. Even with Google some people just make a stab at typing in a site they feel might work. This is one of the sites that registered early and hit a home run.

I always pay for it in the first week of renewal. Be sure you have the right site. When you type in, a map of the US comes up.

If you are from Southwest Montana, please don't pay attention to this post.:rof:

Mike Shapiro

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I'll admit it ONLY because you can't move ahead of me in the listing placement that they are truly the best paid or free (in my opinion) directory available. I have recieved hundreds of requests from them over the years. Their biggest asset is the name recognition and being the oldest directory. In the slow market like today though expect about a 10-1 comp-check request ratio which is extremely annoying.

KenRossman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Josh -

There are other FREE directories for appraisers to list in, and not all of them have 10 pages of appraisers in front of you...

http://activerain.com/blogsview/343334/FREE-LISTING-IN-NATIONAL

http://appraisalnewsonline.typepad.com/appraisal_news_for_real_e/2008/01/diversification.html

It is advertising! If you are running a business without advertising and doing well, more power to you. However you need to get your name out there. Yes they charge a fee, most all of the LISTING servuces do. Even the ones that are "free", charge you if you want your listing to be productive. No offense Wayne. Yes your site is free as long as you want your name on the 10th page in the county. If you want your name to be seen he charges you. More power to Him if you ask me. He is making a killing selling "space". Wish I had though of it!

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
IMO Appraisers.com is symptomatic of the core problem in the majority of on-line directories. When potential customers typically search by zip code or location looking for a LOCAL Appraiser in my county for example, they must wade through 24 out of market, out of county, out of region and/or out of state results to find the 7 out of 31 who are actually located in the County.

#8, 15, 19, 20, 24, 28, and 29

Geo-competency be damned. Can anyone say "trainee"?????

Waste of Money.

http://www.appraisers.com/usa/new_york/orange/

KenRossman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Mike - you can halt the vast majority of the comp check requests in Wayne's directory and all others that allow comments by simple stating that you do not provide free comp checks...

I'll admit it ONLY because you can't move ahead of me in the listing placement that they are truly the best paid or free (in my opinion) directory available. I have recieved hundreds of requests from them over the years. Their biggest asset is the name recognition and being the oldest directory. In the slow market like today though expect about a 10-1 comp-check request ratio which is extremely annoying.

Mike Shapiro

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Mike - you can halt the vast majority of the comp check requests in Wayne's directory and all others that allow comments by simple stating that you do not provide free comp checks...

except that many companies just go through the entire list of appraisers taking all their faxes then blast fax everyone a comp check, but point taken I should update the profile to see if that reduces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks