• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraising house for wife AND girlfreind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlong

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
I appraised a house for mortgage the "gentleman" was purchasing the home and it was a real good deal. He said his girlfreind found it for him. Great thats cool. This month an appraisal comes in for his "other" house, the loan officer (a freind) says his "wife" was concerned the last appraiser didn't do a very good job. I asked if the were getting divorced and the LO said "no" but he did tell the LO not to mention the other home to his wife.

I'm not disclosing anything to anyone.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
8O Wooah :!:
Yeap I agree, no tell nuttin'.... privacy laws, fear for life, etc.
The wife will find out sooner or later anyway. If not from hubbie, some tele-marketing firm will get the names and address screwed up to tip the wife off. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall that day? 8)

Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
I agree with Pamela, what a jerk,

but on the other hand, that is what appraiser client relationships and confidentiality are about.

Regards

Tom Hildebrandt GAA

larryhaskell

Professional Status
State
Nevada
Would the first house be considered a second home with side benefits? Guess I've been married too long. How in the heck can somebody stash enough money away to buy a house his wife doesn't know about?

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Then, depending upon the State Laws, how's he going to sell it if he wants to without the wife's signature?

Mike Simpson

Larry-

No kidding! I can't even get the car washed without the Missus callin cause I've "been gone too long." Maybe she likes him bein gone?

Send the property characterisitics anonymously in the mail to the girlfriend & wife (just joking...yeah that's the ticket--joking).

-Mike

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Then, depending upon the State Laws, how's he going to sell it if he wants to without the wife's signature?
Pam,
If he is in a community property state like FL, that is a good question. :? :?:

How does he pay for and hide the expenses of the tax bills, electric bills, PHONE bills :?: It won't be long before he doesn't even have a dog house to scurry into.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
If he's got a business, makes plenty money, seems like he should be able to hide it easy if the wife doesn't pry into the books. Probably even if she does. Put house and bills in girlfriends name. Put her on payroll, I dunno. He's obviously not worrying too much about being honest.

Jerk.

But not my biz to bust him. Maybe the wife just wants the cash.

Rlong

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Lee's pretty close, He's from Britton, I think, and says he is a consultant. He either is a very successful consultant (2 properties total close to $1,000,000) or he is literally independently wealthy and plays with family money.

And regarding getting caught, this is a small city <120,000 probably <90,000 without the students (college town), WAY to small to try and pull something like this off. My friends were laughing, after 15 years here I feel like I know "everyone", I mean I can't go anywhere and not meet someone I know or have done work for. So he's either crazy or there's more to the story. I appreciate those that agree, say nothing. They could be planning a divorce and getting a loan to cash out. (ie both in on it) etc etc. I raised questions to the LO (unknowingly however) and I think I’ve stuck out my neck plenty. You really never know who's full of it. Either way I agree, HE is a weasel for one, and that’s as far as I WANT to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks