• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraising Manufactured Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Marc

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I had an client ask for an appraisals on Manufactured home,I let them know that,I don't have any experience in these types of assignments,so I turned down the job... four hours later,they called and said the quickest the could get another appraisers was 10 days,and was there anyway I could take the assignment ?? again I said no... but in this market when jobs are few and far between I hate to turn things down...so my question is,If I have never done an Manufactured home,how can I start getting into this market :shrug:

:new_newbie:

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Go into your forms software and open up a blank 1004C report and the 1004C certification pages. Read Certification #11.

You will have your answer.

If you're a trainee and your supervisor is experienced with these then you should be able to do the assignment under supervision. Do you have a supervisor at this time?

IMO, the client is an idjit in using the option of an appraiser without the right experience versus waiting 10 days.:angry:

Coach Marc

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
No I'm a newly Licensed AL 1/24/2008 ,but my previous supervisors,had always turned these down as well,so again I was just thinking this would be a good time to expand on some of the assignment types I can do...

Coach Marc

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Go into your forms software and open up a blank 1004C report and the 1004C certification pages. Read Certification #11.

You will have your answer.

If you're a trainee and your supervisor is experienced with these then you should be able to do the assignment under supervision. Do you have a supervisor at this time?

IMO, the client is an idjit in using the option of an appraiser without the right experience versus waiting 10 days.:angry:

Thanks Greg I see certification # 11 and the answer,They said thanks for telling disclosing ,was there anyway I could take the assignment ?? I still said NO !! now I am just trying to get feed back Thanks..

AL LLANOS

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Yes you could take the assignment. Greg already said to get supervision. I used to turn down multi-family assignments, only because I was too busy with single family assignments. Find another AL or AR that is competent with this type of assignment to assist you.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Take the AI class online and then hook up with someone who is familiar with these appraisals for the first few, until you gain the necessary competency.

stefan olafson

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Dakota
Ditto, Get yourself educated and competent before you begin to do assignments you have no idea how to do. Find someone to split the fee with and assist and observe on a few.

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Rural Kansas has ooodles of Manufactured homes on foundations.Unfortunately Public Records are very poor in distinguishing between Manufactured and Modular.The local MLS will list Manufactured homes as a Ranch style home with no mention of manufactured.Be very careful in selecting comparables and identifying the subject.Remember , no HUD plate attached to unit means unit will not qualify for FHA financing.Good luck and good hunting.....

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Rural Kansas has ooodles of Manufactured homes on foundations.Unfortunately Public Records are very poor in distinguishing between Manufactured and Modular.The local MLS will list Manufactured homes as a Ranch style home with no mention of manufactured.Be very careful in selecting comparables and identifying the subject.Remember , no HUD plate attached to unit means unit will not qualify for FHA financing.Good luck and good hunting.....

This is not true: http://www.HUD.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/mhs/mhslabels.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks