• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraising No More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The heart attack was one of those "sneaky" ones. I did some yard work, cut down two small trees and noticed I couldn't work more than 15 minutes without feeling "tired". I periodically broke out in "clammy sweats" all afternoon. My upper arms and back felt "uncomfortable". I never exprienced any pain.

My wife has always been the smarter one and after a quick web search she said I could ride in the ambulance or with her.

The doc says she saved my life. So did he.

It looks like I won't be appraising any in the near future and will most likely enter a less stressful field.

Two things.

First, thank you all for your help, advice and commisseration over the years. I have made new friends and learned a lot from this forum. Thanks again, Wayne, for your creation.

Second, a plea. Take a good look at your lifestyle choices and investigate your family history. It's never too early to take steps to avoid a future heart attack. Make sure you know how to do it before it's too late. Don't put it off. Please.

I wish you all a happy holiday season.

(I'll still check in here to see what's happening 'cause this stuff is hard to quit cold turkey!)

Wally

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Wally-

I had my heart attack 6+ years ago on Memorial Day; same deal- no obvious signs (no Fred Sanford clutching at my chest); just felt terrible without any good explanation.

Doctor's conclusion: A fluke.
Denis' conclusion: I hope the doctor is right! :laugh:

It is surreal being rolled down the hospital hallway on a gurney; kinda like some Kafka movie.

Good luck to you!!!

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Wally... you've been an inspiration to me since I've been on this forum. Take really good care of yourself and stay in touch with us.

Doug Wegener

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Heart attack

The heart attack was one of those "sneaky" ones. I did some yard work, cut down two small trees and noticed I couldn't work more than 15 minutes without feeling "tired". I periodically broke out in "clammy sweats" all afternoon. My upper arms and back felt "uncomfortable". I never exprienced any pain.

My wife has always been the smarter one and after a quick web search she said I could ride in the ambulance or with her.

The doc says she saved my life. So did he.

It looks like I won't be appraising any in the near future and will most likely enter a less stressful field.

Two things.

First, thank you all for your help, advice and commisseration over the years. I have made new friends and learned a lot from this forum. Thanks again, Wayne, for your creation.

Second, a plea. Take a good look at your lifestyle choices and investigate your family history. It's never too early to take steps to avoid a future heart attack. Make sure you know how to do it before it's too late. Don't put it off. Please.

I wish you all a happy holiday season.

(I'll still check in here to see what's happening 'cause this stuff is hard to quit cold turkey!)

Wally

I had a one just about 10 years ago.

You might check into chelation therapy. Most allopathic doctors dont believe in it. So far, its prevented me from having to have heart surgery.

Roscoeman

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Wally,

I haven't been on the forum that long, so I apologize for not recognizing who you are!

But there is one thing for sure, I hope and pray for your recovery!

And thank you for your kind advice!

BE good to yourself...

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Best of health to you Wally!!:beer:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Wow, lucky you to have married such a smart woman. Hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

TC

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Wally, very glad you caught it in time. Take it easy, go fishing and smell the roses!!

Proactive

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
Wally,

Your post is a reminder to all of us that we are NOT in a stress-free business.

Take care, have a speedy recovery and keep in touch.

Steve (Trying to smell the roses, but not having much luck yet)

CCAAMO

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Wally,

Glad to hear you caught it in time. I have a feeling your going to outlive most of us who remain the the profession. I have a feeling you won't miss it!

Good luck on all your future endeavors. Feel free to put your two cents worth in when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks