• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appropriate text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Girtsman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Hello. I could use some suggestions from those who know! I passed my exam, and am fortunate enough to have found an appraiser/friend who is willing to put up with the frustration of training someone new. Now, to get the hours that I need to upgrade my license, I have to state in the report the duties that I performed while providing "significant professional assistance" for category 10 hours. OK, to get to my question, does anyone have any verbage that you feel is appropriate to insert into the certification, that concisely relays that information? I know that you don't know exactly what assistance that I am providing, but a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Also, this is in the state of California, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance. Dave.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Research, inspection, analysis, etc. 8)
coffee, Donuts. :lol:
Keep a list of jobs and hours spent. Good luck.

Dave Girtsman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Hey Lee, thanks for the advice.................MMMMMMMM DONNNNNUTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
You might want to review the types of activities that specifically are counted by the state board as applicable toward your experience requirements. The applicable section is available on the OREA's website. You'll be looking on the website under "Laws and Regulations" for the California Code of Regulations, Title 10, Chapter 6.5, Section 3511.

As for the verbiage, try this:

"John Doe, a Trainee Appraiser licensed by the State of California (#AT99999), performed the following functions in the development and reporting of this appraisal assignment: research, interior and exterior inspection of the subject property, physical observation and inspection of the comparable sales, verification of comparable data, development of the necessary approaches to value, final reconciliation of value and writing the report. At least 95% of the appraisal process and report writing was perfromed by John Doe, with Susan Smith (AR#99999) providing supervisory assistance and inspection of the subject and comparables."

Of course, you'll tweak this to reflect the amount of work you and your supervisor actually contributed, and your supervisor probably will have some very specific input as to how their activities are described, but that should about cover it.

George Hatch

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
DONNNNNUTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS

Careful. The cops don't like you to step into their domain to often.

Magnum stroker, donut choker....

Dave Girtsman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Thanks for all the input, it's really appreciated!

Cheers, Dave.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Be careful in modifying the certification, fannie mae could reject the appraisal when sold into the secondary market.

I use the USPAP ID form provided by wintotal 2000. If you need a copy of it, send me your fax number and I will fax one to you.

"John Doe AR #14444444, a registered appraiser in the State of Colorado assisted in the preparation of this appraisal report to the extent of research, inspections, and preparation of maps, photos, and typing the report. The value conclusion was determined by the Certified Appraiser who has signed the report as Supervisory Appraiser who is solely responsible for that value conclusion.".

Our state is beginning to take a much tougher line as it pertains to hours granted for work done as an assistant. They want to see more completed appraisals by the trainees. Prior to this year, a trainee could get 2,000 hours of credit and never do an appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks