• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AQB Live Streaming The Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Appraiser Qualifications Board
Public Meeting
Washington, DC - February 1, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST

The Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) will conduct a Public Meeting on February 1, 2018, in Washington, DC, where input will be solicited on the Fourth Exposure Draft of Proposed Changes to the Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria. For the first time, the AQB will also be live streaming the meeting. All are encouraged to attend the meeting in person or watch remotely via live stream.

Register To Attend in Person
Register to Live Stream the Meeting Remotely

Attached is the letter the American Guild of Appraisers (yes the Appraiser's Union) sent to the AQB regarding college degrees, experience credits, moving your business across state lines.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great letter.

Attachments

• AGA AQB Letter.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 31

Michigander

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I think this is great that they are live streaming. It is not really logical that appraisers, who are not typically wealthy, have the wherewithal to travel a day and back for a 3-hour meeting. The move towards using technology for something this important is great. Signed up and on my calendar. Wish I could go in person, but unless a meeting is held within a couple hour drive it is too cumbersome and costly for me personally at this time (could change).

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Cut the CE requirement in half. 15 hrs is more than enough.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
pretty sure those are state specific. in ohio we need 14 every year.
They are set at the state level, but the minimum is set by the AQB. A state could require more than the AQB, but not less.

The suggestion to go to 15 hours every two years would require (1) AQB changing the criteria, followed by (2) states changing their laws.

Even if the AQB dropped the CE requirement to no hours, a state could still require it. If the AQB adopted 15 hour every two years, that would not automatically mean a reduction in any state.

Last edited:

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
If you are a licensed appraiser in Ohio , you need 14 hours.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Cut the CE requirement in half. 15 hrs is more than enough.
I'd be happy if they cut it from 14 to 12 or 10 hours with classes being 6 or 5 hours long. 7 hours is a long day and most instructors tend to drag it out unnecessarily when they run out of material.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I'd be happy if they cut it from 14 to 12 or 10 hours with classes being 6 or 5 hours long. 7 hours is a long day and most instructors tend to drag it out unnecessarily when they run out of material.
Just in the past month I have taken a 3 hour class, a 4 hour class and a 5 hour class. There is no rule that one has to sign up for 7 hour classes.

As for the yearly requirement, I personally don't care if they reduce it or not. I typically have two or three times the number of hours I am required to have. I like taking classes. I like learning things, and I also just like seeing what various providers offer with regard to both quality and variety.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
28 hrs/2yrs appraising
Year-long, monthly next level certification class & 20hrs/year assessing
So that's like 70hrs every 2 years.
Good thing they generally don't count credit for each other...would be like cheating.:cautious:
Hard to find classes I haven't taken already by this point.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
have taken a 3 hour class, a 4 hour class and a 5 hour
We have had one course that is half day offered in state. Yet to see any other in AR or OK offered regularly. Zero within 1 hour drive , zero within 100 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks