• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Architecture Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Excellant additional reference source! Thanks!

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Thanks Frank. I breezed through it and no doubt it will help for all of those homes we lumped into a category called conventional or contemporary.

Chad J. Houser

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Georgia
Excellent web site! Got that one bookmarked now.

One related question though. Here in the southeast (at least in middle GA), the new and most popular style is characterized by 10/12 to 12 pitched roofs, brick quoins on the corners (if they're brick), and little to no symmetry. From the front, it looks to me like some kindergartener took a triangle stamp, pounded out a few triangles, and then drew verticle lines for the walls. I have been trying to decide what to call these. They aren't ranch, but they aren't 1.5 story either. In fact, I wonder why someone would sink that much money into a roof, and not take advantage of the potential living area that could be put on a second floor. They look like a cross between the French country side & something else. I just haven't figured out what the something else is. Has anyone got a name for these?

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Hey Chad, I grew up in Bolingbroke (north of Macon). Moved to Rabun County a few years ago, made the mistake of moving to where I use'ta go on vacation. :lol: Where are you located?

The houses you describe sound like the Hathaway special. One story, tall ceilings on a truss roof system. They use light weight trusses, so they may not be spending as much as you think. :wink: But with the trey ceilings in the bedrooms, you can't finish the attic unless you build one heck of a floor support system. The trusses holding the ceiling together just won't handle the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks