• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

ArcView For Dummies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

I was reading another post that had a lot of responses from people that are using ArcView. I’ve seen it, get the concept, but I don’t understand how it would help me beyond the regular mapping options that are available.

Can I get some input as to why I would want to spend money on this product?

Thanks
http://www.appraiseillinois.com

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I am looking at Mapinfo for a project to map out zip code areas by value ranges. But I cant see where it is any good for a single unit.

cgjerdetu

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Slacker & Dale

Prime example where GIS could be very helpful -- homes located in a flood hazard area. With ArcView you could have a flood map "layer" and a database of sales "layer" overlay the two and you would have a graphic representation if there is a market reaction to homes in flood zones. Of course you don't NEED GIS to do this, but it can be done a lot more quickly in this type of program.

GIS can be useful anytime there are locational issues.

My .02 cents

Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks