• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Are There Really Cert Res Doing These Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
While it isn't an excuse, many lenders and management companies have a default fee/due date in their order-formats; that may explain the low fee and short turn time.

I receive requests for bids from solid clients who have a fee and turn-time defaulted into their system. When I counter with 3-additional weeks and a higher fee, it isn't an issue. I don't get all of them, but I get as many as I want.

D

Deleted member 134708

Back when I 1st started training, I was at an appraisal shop with like 15 appraisers or so. The boss did reviews/field reviews all day long, only thing he did. However long it took to check the "all good" boxes is how long it took him to do the reviews. The shop later got shut down by the state. I was there for about 2 weeks for me to figure out it was a fraud shop and left.

So yes, fully believe appraisers on their way out will take $150 for 5 minutes of work all day long until someone comes calling for their license in which they don't want anymore, anyways.

Lynne

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I receive requests for bids from solid clients who have a fee and turn-time defaulted into their system. When I counter with 3-additional weeks and a higher fee, it isn't an issue. I don't get all of them, but I get as many as I want.[/QUOTE]

I hear you Denis and agree. I put a high value on my certification! I've turned down so many of these types of orders over my few years. I may still be considered a newbie to some but am very proud of the ongoing learning process. I've followed you thru the years and am huge fan :notworthy:(y)

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
IMO, if their default fee is that ridiculous, the rest of the experience is most likely to follow.
Although I respect Denis's opinion and insight very much, I have to agree with EddieB on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks