• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Are you busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
Would anyone need a highly experienced split fee SRA-trained Illinois Certified Residential appraiser? I have over 7 years of solid appraisal experience with all property types and cover all of DuPage, Southern Lake, West/Northwest Cook. I have experience in estate, tax, divorce, high-end homes, partial interest and, of course, mortgage work. FHA approved.

I maintain an in-home office and use ACI and SFREP. have MRED, my own E&O and all the other necessary subscriptions to turn out a quality report. I am very low maintenance.

If you're interested or have questions, send me an email at [email protected] yahoo. com (take out spaces). I'll be happy to send report samples and a resume.

Moderator: if you can leave this post in the Illinois section a few days before moving it to the jobs section, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Busy? Yes, collecting rents, in the gym and fishing. Busy appraising? No.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Why go anonymous all of a sudden?

Actually, I'm surprised anyone noticed. There is a reason, which will follow next week. But hey, thank's for noticing! :blush:

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Since nobody needed a experienced appraiser, I went and found a side job. Or should I say the job found me. I went to a career counselor who specializes in resumes for people who are transitioning careers, gave them my old resume, discussed a possible direction based on my past and present experience, blah, blah. They said they'd have it ready for me in 5 days and that I should come back on that Friday to discuss. They called me the day before my appt. and asked if I'd like to work for them.

Four days per week, very respectible wage, paid medical/dental, and THEY SUGGESTED that if I get appraisal work that they didn't have a problem with me taking a longer lunch or whatever so I could do the inspections. QUE? A fortuitous opportunity, so I took it.

So now comes the laughter of the Gods. I was getting at least 5-6 orders a week up until about two months ago. Then it just stopped. Then I was getting 1, maybe 2 per week. Yikes I can't live on that. So now that I accepted this position, I've gotten 6 appraisal orders this week! I'm doing some of the inspections on the weekends and some were 5 minutes from the new gig so I did those on my lunch hour. I type them up in the evening, which is what I used to do anyway. I do suspect, however, that this was just a small surge of orders and that it will go back to 1 or 2 per week.

Moral of the story: If you want more appraisal orders get a day job. :laugh:

Suz-E

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Since nobody needed a experienced appraiser, I went and found a side job. Or should I say the job found me. I went to a career counselor who specializes in resumes for people who are transitioning careers, gave them my old resume, discussed a possible direction based on my past and present experience, blah, blah. They said they'd have it ready for me in 5 days and that I should come back on that Friday to discuss. They called me the day before my appt. and asked if I'd like to work for them.

Four days per week, very respectible wage, paid medical/dental, and THEY SUGGESTED that if I get appraisal work that they didn't have a problem with me taking a longer lunch or whatever so I could do the inspections. QUE? A fortuitous opportunity, so I took it.

So now comes the laughter of the Gods. I was getting at least 5-6 orders a week up until about two months ago. Then it just stopped. Then I was getting 1, maybe 2 per week. Yikes I can't live on that. So now that I accepted this position, I've gotten 6 appraisal orders this week! I'm doing some of the inspections on the weekends and some were 5 minutes from the new gig so I did those on my lunch hour. I type them up in the evening, which is what I used to do anyway. I do suspect, however, that this was just a small surge of orders and that it will go back to 1 or 2 per week.

Moral of the story: If you want more appraisal orders get a day job. :laugh:

It figures! Sounds like you landed a nice side job, though. Especially since they're so flexible. That's rare.

I tried to PM you, but it's disabled. I had your email addy, but I had to wipe my laptop a few months ago, and I don't have it anymore! PM me if you have time!

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Congratulations, J... good to know that there are appraisers out there with some common sense. The busier we are, the busier we gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks