• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AREA48 a Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbi

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Having just received my trainee license, I guess I am free game for scam artists. I've gotten a couple of letters from AREA48, boasting about their trainee program which costs.......well over the price of a tune-up.
Anyone have personal experience or strong opinion on this "system?":huh:

tedwards2244

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Not a scam.

I'm in it and it's not a scam. It has great information and most of the students I've talked to have learned a lot. You should try their online class on Wednesday's. You can do it for 2 weeks and decide for yourself.

toddmallard

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
Two newbees, Both from California, Both talking about area 48. Are you two related or the same person, or even better, the owners of area48?

Just asking

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Suggest some of our Experienced Californians take a free trial class and see.

tedwards2244

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
See for yourself

I don't know about all that...I just know that my roommate spent alot of time trying to get someone to get a Supervisor to show him something and was ready to quit. He tried the class, liked it and turned me on to it... I've done the classes for 2 weeks and the guy teaching it seems sincere so I would check it out.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I have to wonder if this would be similar to the blind leading the blind.

They are supporting our forum by paying for advertising so why not give them the benefit of the doubt before condeming them?

I have so many people come here and try to advertise their sites for free by including links in their posts that it isn't funny.

At least they are paying.

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I agree with Pam. Read the Blog and find out for yourself. The last entry is especially interesting. The blog suggests creating multiple pseudonyms on an appraisers forum to promote the business.
http://area48network.blogspot.com/

Wayne,
Many of us have offered to pay to keep this site a professional one. Soliciting and promoting advertising from questionable or controversial sources is far from providing a professional atomosphere.

I for one have never posted a link to my website, which I purchased from you only because you are the host of this site. To me, that is professionals promoting each other and real networking.

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Read the Blog and find out for yourself. The last entry is especially interesting. The blog suggests creating multiple pseudonyms on an appraisers forum to promote the business.

Those blogs are interesting, and for the most part, I disagree with everything he says.

In that last blog, he forget to mention what happens when the "Old Killer" knows how to apply what he knows..."Everyday Joe" gets KO'd.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I agree with Pam. Read the Blog and find out for yourself. The last entry is especially interesting. The blog suggests creating multiple pseudonyms on an appraisers forum to promote the business.
http://area48network.blogspot.com/

Wayne,
Many of us have offered to pay to keep this site a professional one. Soliciting and promoting advertising from questionable or controversial sources is far from providing a professional atomosphere.

I for one have never posted a link to my website, which I purchased from you only because you are the host of this site. To me, that is professionals promoting each other and real networking.

While you might be willing to pay a little, most wouldn't so it wouldn't be worth it. So we accept paid advertising. We do not endorse or recommend the products of the advertisers.

I was just suggesting that someone be given a chance before being condemned as a scam just because it might be a new idea. So many are quick to jump on the bandwagon and label something new as fraud, scams, illegal and so forth without fulling doing their own independent investigation.

I did a survey a while back (a few years) of our users and gave them the opportunity to vote in a poll. The question was would you be willing to pay a small amount to have the forum without ads. The overwhelming majority would not, and further more most said they liked to read the ads as they were appraisal related products.

However I still have the capability to display the forum without any ads at all to a group of people that pay, let's call it "supporting members". If you think it might be worth it we could have another poll. However if only a handful would be willing to pay it would not be worth my while to do it. What do you think? Maybe I could offer some other extras for the "supporting members".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks