• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Argus Dcf Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Sanford

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
I'm getting the sales pitch about DCF ending and needing to purchase Argus Enterprise. My understanding is that DCF will no longer be "supported" as of June 30, 2017 but should continue "working" until I need a server migration or some compatibility issue pops up with Windows 14.

I probably use ARGUS 5 times a year, and I COULD do those models in Excel. Argus DCF has been something of an industry standard but is Enterprise likely to earn the same hat?

Aside from Excel, is anyone looking at alternatives?

Property Metrics?
Fuelcre?

Michael S

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I attended a training event for Argus Enterprise about a year ago. The interface was very different and of course I've completely forgotten almost everything I learned since I'm still using Argus DCF 15. There were a few new features that I recall seemed useful but overall it's just another excuse to make you upgrade to the latest version. I have not seen any clients starting to switch over but after a certain point it will become necessary. They purposefully make new versions incompatible with the old version to force you to upgrade. I expect you'll be able to go another year or two before you'll need to upgrade, maybe even longer if the market is slow to adopt it as the standard.

PL1957

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Migration to Enterprise by major lending clients will occur rapidly once their IT departments realize DCF is no longer supported. Their risk management policies will not permit them to run unsupported software on bank networks. It's coming and there's nothing we can do about it.

Bill S

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Bank of America is already including statements in engagement letters stating that only Enterprise will be acceptable once the migration is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks