• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Arizona Real Estate Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARYMCKENNA

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Would anyone be interested in getting a booth for this? The space looks to be $495-$595 depending on location. I think if the public actually shows up it may be a great way to educate them, well, somewhat at least.

Tudor

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Just think how many comp. check requests we would get. Would deffinately need something the layman could understand regarding "comp checks", plus something to smack them side the head to help them understand/listen.

AppraizinAZ

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I think it's a good idea, but I think the headache involved isn't helping anyone...the whole day would consist of .."I had a low ball appraisal that..." "I had a drive by from some idiot appraiser that...." "My Realtor said the appraiser wouldn't use comps 4 miles away..."

I've worked at booths at trade shows for a couple of (non-related) groups that were for "educating the public" and it was more a beating booth rather than any actual exchange of information...People know they can walk away from the booth after saying what's made them angry about your profession and you're stuck there, gives them some sort of power trip to rip on you. Do a few of these and you'll know what I mean. It's a good idea, you may find a few extra appraisals, but for me, that is a whipping post I'll never tie myself to again. For those of you who have the gumption, I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines.

Billie Hiser

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Do you have info on the expo itself? when where who is exhibiting

MARYMCKENNA

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
expo info

www.realestatemortgageexpo.com

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I think this is a good opportunity for some AZ appraisers to get together and go for telling the truth and attempting to find clients that want the truth! Have some simple handouts explaining why it's so important not to deal with in the real estate and mortgage world that pressure appraisers, especially those that demand those 'comp check' appraisals that turn into predetermined value and too often artificially inflated appraisals. Include Fannie Cert #18 on those handouts.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
We will live through this housing-market downturn. Now it's our job to keep this mess from happenning again."
Governor Janet Napolitano
State of the State Speech - January 2008

What a bunch of crap!! She wouldn't do a thing when this started happening. & Still won't do nothimg cause she won't gwet behind the license Mortgage broker bill.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If you don't do a booth, at least attend and take notes.

Try to get law enforcement and regulators investigators to attend!!!!!

Charles Decker

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Did anybody go to this event ? I did meet Richard Hagar there. Nice guy and very intelligent.
I went to the mortgage fraud seminar put on by AZDFI and had a nice chat with the speakers afterwards. Handed out some cards and browsed around.

I was waiting for this one guy to finish up with someone at a booth so I could chat with him. After overhearing he was an appraiser the booth guy said no because he was a brand new licensee.
When I introduced myself, he kinda rolled his eyes and said I was about the 15th appraiser dropping by-- and it was only 11:30 in the morning !! 90 minutes after the doors opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks