• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

arson to avoid foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishop

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
wow! what are these homeowners thinking?
abc is featuring a segment on "arson to avoid foreclosure".
in california arsons have risen 50% from last year.

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
One of our Texas Supreme Court Justices was going to be indicted here in Houston for arson of his own home ... until the DA stepped in and dropped charges. The grand jury was set to bill and the DA stopped it. Course our DA is also at risk of indictment for something else.

But our SC Justice was way in over his head on finances and the arson investigators had evidence he torched his own home to avoid losing it. It is becoming the solution de jour.

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
I was looking at some acreage with a friend of mine several years ago and we got stuck in the mud. Tried to get out using some scrap lumber from a nearby subdvision. We put the lumber under the tires and the friction caused a spark which caught the grass under the truck on fire.

While we watched his truck burn to the ground, one of the guys from the local VFD said "usually when we see that someone's behind two or three months on their payment".

Instead of three alarm fires we may start having 3/5 Arm alarm fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks