• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Artesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
a friend of mine is apartment hunting. Any safe suggestions in Artesia? Even a rental house.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Artesia is a pretty small town and quite safe usually. There is a big federal law enforecement training center near there so about half the town are federal agents. You will never see more black Impalas in your life. There is a big oil refinery near the center of town which can be smelly and noisy, plus a lot of dairy farms around the perimeter with the same problem. I would look toward the western parts of town to stay upwind.

Friday night football is huge in Artesia. Bulldog stadium is the envy of many college teams. Artesia would be similar to west Texas. Nice town, friendly people.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
Artesia is a pretty small town and quite safe usually. There is a big federal law enforecement training center near there so about half the town are federal agents. You will never see more black Impalas in your life. There is a big oil refinery near the center of town which can be smelly and noisy, plus a lot of dairy farms around the perimeter with the same problem. I would look toward the western parts of town to stay upwind.

Friday night football is huge in Artesia. Bulldog stadium is the envy of many college teams. Artesia would be similar to west Texas. Nice town, friendly people.

My friend works at FLETC but apartments are few and far between. So are rental houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks