• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ASA & NAIFA Sign Agreement !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McClure

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
"NAIFA Establishes Education Cooperation Agreement with American Society of Appraisers
Minneapolis - The National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers has entered into an agreement with the American Society of Appraisers' Real Property Committee to develop, maintain and present joint education offerings. The agreement was signed and announced at the ASA Annual Meeting in Minneapolis on August 7, 2008."

Looks like we will be seeing many more educational offerings in the area soon, sponsored by both NAIFA and ASA.

Tom McClure, Ohio

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
That would be a good thing.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Precursor to the ASIFA ? Good Move.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
More like precursor to ASFMIFARICS...seems like a ground swell of organizations are starting to group together. Too bad AI didn't want to merge with Farm and ASA, that would have been good. But I am waiting for the RICS merger with ASA, now that would be a cool designation to get.

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
State
Florida
This did not just happen over night. For example many prominent ASA members and instructors attended the NAIFA instructor clinic earlier this year and NAIFA instructors were invited to attended the ASA instructors clinic that was just held.

The objective at this time is to work together in as many ways as possible. Being a designated member of both I think good things are happening.

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan
This is a good move and should help strengthen the educational offerings. Very good

Tom McClure

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Hello There Dennis! How long has it been? NAIFA Instructor's Conference late 90's? This forum is a great place to meet new friends and hear from old friends. I didn't mean were old, are we? I was told you got rich after starting your own real estate appraisal school years ago. You were right, by the way. Do you ever sponsor courses in the Ohio area?

Tom McClure, Ohio

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I hope its a good thing. The problem is the ASA does not have any Real property courses since the last AQB shake up. So really it just seems like we are getting IFA's classes and marketing to ASA members. But I think the IFA members getting access to our BV and M&E classes would be good for them. It would be good to get more representation with Real Property in ASA, hopefully the IFA will give us ASA-RP a louder voice...we are just background noise to the BV people now.

reggieP123

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Good To Hear! More Cooperation Is A Good Thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks