• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Atlanta Rlc New Fee Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
New VA fees-

Greetings,

The purpose of this communication is to announce changes to appraisal fees in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Below, please find the new fee schedule which will be effective on November 1, 2016, to allow program participants the opportunity to adjust to the new fee schedule.

The current fee and timeliness schedule can be viewed here and will be in place through October 31, 2016.

Effective November 1, 2016 Individual Appraisal Fees

Origination Appraisals Liquidation Appraisals Appraisal Delivery Time (# of Business Days)***
State Single Family 2-4 Units Condo, Manufactured
Home Single Family 2-4 Units Condo Manufactured Home
Georgia $440 $575 $450 $475 $600 $500 $475 7
Western
North Carolina* $575 $650 $575 $625 $675 $625 $625 7
North Carolina
Rest of State $500 $625 $500 $525 $650 $550 $525 7
Eastern Tennessee** $575 $650 $575 $625 $675 $625 $625 7
Tennessee
Rest of State $500 $625 $500 $525 $650 $550 $525 7
South Carolina $425 $575 $450 $460 $600 $475 $475 7

*Western North Carolina counties included: Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga and Yancey.

**Eastern Tennessee counties included: Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Scott, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union and Washington.

***For vacant liquidation appraisals 7 business days after access is granted.

Partial Release fees are $550 and repair and/or completion Certificates are $125. Mileage must be authorized in advance by the Atlanta office. When authorized, the rate will be as allowed by the General Services Administration (GSA). See GSA’s website at: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/100715

Biskt6

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I was glad to get this email this morning! I am moving to Tennessee from Alabama in a couple months. The VA has told me they will transfer me. The prior fees would have been a $75 decrease compared to what I am getting now. Now it will be a $50 increase plus I will have 2 extra business days.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Thank you Jesus!

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It only took 8 or 9 years, but it's a refresher. I hope it don't take that long next time.:)

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Still 415 around here for VA....

I get 450 for standard bank stuff and paid in a week.

Get that up to 5 and I'd ponder on it...

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It still is not high enough. But it is a big refresher. It's like you can't go to point C from point A without going through point B.:)

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It is going to put the whammy on some AMC's. Make no mistake about it.:)

It is going to keep some really good appraisers in the business too, which is really good. :):):)

Last edited:

David Beasley

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
It may be my aging eyes missing something, but did they also increase foreclosure timeliness from 5 to 7 days? That's as big a deal as the bump IMHO. Having to squeeze in x-many trips to LGI/SAPPS over 2-3-4 consecutive days causes as much timeliness issues with my LAPPs as any other factor when we get noticeable clumps of foreclosure requests in at one time. Which seems to happen randomly throughout the year.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
************wrong thread. I deleted pat.

Last edited:

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It may be my aging eyes missing something, but did they also increase foreclosure timeliness from 5 to 7 days? That's as big a deal as the bump IMHO. Having to squeeze in x-many trips to LGI/SAPPS over 2-3-4 consecutive days causes as much timeliness issues with my LAPPs as any other factor when we get noticeable clumps of foreclosure requests in at one time. Which seems to happen randomly throughout the year.

We have been at 7 days in TN and that is a blessing for them to keep it there. That is seven business days too, not seven calendar days.

Business Days vs calendar days helps tremendously in planning. Throw a liquidation assignment in there and it really gets crazy sometimes. Liquidations have been 5 business days in TN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks