• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Attached Appraisal Files Sometimes Stripped Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Seward

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
One of my appraisers is having a problem that is baffeling us. (She bought a new computer a few months ago.)

She sends ACI reports to me for review. Then she sends an attached PDF report to the client. The client tells her that about 1/3rd (not all) of the e-mails my appraiser sends have no attachment. The attached ACI reports my appraiser sends to me are there 100% of the time.
Two days ago, I told my appraiser to send the PDF file to me and I would forward it to the client. The appraiser decided to send the ACI reports and the PDF reports to me in separate e-mails. In three out of three times she sent me both reports, the PDF file was there and for the first time ever, the ACI file was not attached.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening all of a sudden?

Thanks in advance.
Mike Seward

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Just a guess but if she bought a new computer then maybe she is using a new(er) email program than she was? Maybe a different brand? Might try switching to another email program and see if that fixes it.

If your sending from within ACI somehow I have never used it and would have no idea.

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I note this most often with A.O. Hell .. are they involved in this?

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Check the security settings of the email program you're using.
When I was out of town, I received an e-fax, but the lap top deleted the attachment. :eek: Could not figure it out, :idea: so I re-emailed to myself, and got it on the my other computer with no problems. <_< Security setting on the lap top would not allow certain types of attachments. Simple change :huh: , but not when you are on the road. :angry: :eek:nfire:

Mike Seward

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks for the responses. We're looking into it.
Mike Seward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks