• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Attempts To Defraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrotta

thwarted to attempts to Defraud this past week and saved some unknown Banks thousands in wasted mula; it was kinda typical scenerio, Builder makes an attempt to Buy at well above asking price - IMHO, so that the proceeds could be shared equally. Neither were large amounts of capital, but I ain't gittin involved in any of that unless millions are placed in a swiss acct. :rofl:

really, they couldn't pay me enough; still can't believe that afta all the press regarding "scams" these idiots are still tryin ta play, well not on my watch :angry:

:ph34r:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
pretty easy to get tricked. I recently saw a dual offer and acceptance, one for me and the bank and one for the "real" sale which involved adding closing costs, changes, etc. into the tailor maide O & A. I got wind of it by the MLS listing being changed to a higher price and pointedly asked the real estate agent. When I was not satisfied with the answer, I pushed it a little further and go the straight poop (i think)....really mad builder/seller...tuff

jtrotta

Terr

doncha jus love it :mrgreen: , with access by anyone & everyone to MLS data nowadaz, do they actually believe they can be that tricky :question:

well ya could fool some of the people some of the time; half the people half of the time; and some fools all the time :beer:

:ph34r:

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I recently saw a dual offer and acceptance, one for me and the bank and one for the "real" sale which involved adding closing costs, changes, etc. into the tailor maide O & A.

That is really scary. :blink: Good catch.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Here's a good one.....

4-plex under contract for (let's say) $200,000. 4-plex NEXT DOOR (same size, same construction same everything) now listed for $200,000. Guess what? The 4-plex NEXT DOOR just sold 3 months ago for $130,000!

So....I have a GREAT comp but it's $70,000 below purchase price of the subject and exactly the same.

I call the listing realtor (of the comp) and realize that he is the same realtor that sold it 3 months ago. I ask him why he listed it so high and he said "the market has gone up." That's it!

I talk to the tenants of the subject and find out that the seller (owner) knows the realtor (of the property next door) and that realtor has been "helping" him.

I can't find anything close to the purchase price of the subject......in fact most sales reflect the sale price of the comp next door at $130,000. Ask for better comps......none coming.....Am told that the "market is increasing" and I should base my value on the now "pending sale" next door.

Can you say SCAM! Well that was 3 months ago and guess what? The "comp" next door is STILL a pending sale!

As you might expect, I came in far too low and "killed" the deal.......

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
:) Good for you. Now enjoy those LO and deal-a-tor calls for the next 2 weeks. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks