• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Aurora woudn't save or open files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Today aurora wouldn't save (it said it couldn't find the folder) and wouldn't open from the file cabinet either. I called wintotal and the tech gave me the following solution:

Go to control panel and change the language to anything other than english, and then change it back. After doing this, I was able to save and open files.

How would anyone ever figure this out?

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
The control panel on the computer or an option in Aurora?

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
From the windows popup menu. I had to do it again a few days ago. It seems to happen when the router is reset.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
It lasted about a week for me and then had to do it again.

Odd problem.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
***Update***

Called support and they did a band-aid fix, lasted one day. Been playing phone tag with them (my fault) and haven't gotten it handled yet. Figured out that if keep the expanded file closed it mostly cures it and if you close the desktop once your report is open it avoids the problem all together.

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
State
Florida
Your problem is when the router resets .If you get what they call a "static line" your router won't have to reset and your problem should be solved.
Call your carrer and find out. I use Bellsouth and for extra you can get the static line I was having the same problem your having now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks