• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Average Appraiser Makes $56,000 Per Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Not this year. My business is way off since the election.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee

Michigan and everybody,

One thing to keep in mind is the source of the data.

For example, I have been getting US census surveys. Some are quarterly and others have different time frames they cover.

But, a lady I talked to at the census bureau said many small businesses like myself don’t fill the surveys out where many or most large businesses do which causes the results to be skewed.

From an appraisal standpoint, I immediately thought about appraisers working for a large company like CBRE or Trammell Crow or a chief tax appraiser working for the City of New York,

The lady at the census bureau’s point was you need to fill it out. Some are mandatory surveys from them but some are optional. They base many things on the survey.

D

Deleted member 134708

I'm at $50k.

I just think there are a ton of part timers, and with age being around 60+ lots of semi-retirees

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
If it was that high working for AMC’s And mortgage in general on average, trainees would be in it even with the college requirement, A commercial appraiser might could go to CBRE and start around that. Maybe, but they have beanies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks