• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AVM request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Ferguson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I have a client that has requested an AVM. I know this is an automated valuation model normally completely by a large AVM company like ZAIO etc. What service can anyone recommend that I offer this client to satisfy this client?
:fiddle:

Doug Trites

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Stop being cheeeeeeeeeeep and pay for a full appraisal

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Why is the client coming to you for an AVM?

Scott Ferguson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Lee,

I think Doug's answer hit the nail on the head!!

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
give him the website for ditech.com. It is free.

Pete Humphrey

Professional Status
State
California
Tell him to check Zillow! Seriously, tell him you are an AVM and quote him your fee for an appraisal. Then, find yourself a new client!

Scott Ferguson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
I spoke with the client and he has a customer that wants to contest his property tax bill. I explained that appraiser's do not provide AVM's....those are perfomred by banks etc. I told him I could do either an inexpensive drive-by or desk top that would help provide his customer with a supported value opinion that would be more credible than an AVM. Thanks to you all!

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I spoke with the client and he has a customer that wants to contest his property tax bill. I explained that appraiser's do not provide AVM's....those are perfomred by banks etc. I told him I could do either an inexpensive drive-by or desk top that would help provide his customer with a supported value opinion that would be more credible than an AVM. Thanks to you all!

I have done several of those Tax reduction appraisals...I use the old 2055 form with an interior inspection. The SOW states the purpose of the appraisal and the form makes for a nice clean report. I don't really think that a desktop would really be the right thing to do...I would rather see the property (in and out) making a better case for the HO.
(JMHO).

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Go to Yahoo Real Estate, put in the address, and give him three AVM numbers. Chances are they will all be different. That's usually enough for them to see AVMs stink, instead of just listening to our experience, which they interpret as sour grapes sometimes. An AVM is not an appraisal and us providing the results from an AVM is not covered by USPAP.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Appraisals are poor ways to contest assessments. You need to impeach the assessor's appraisal...and that (in my county) is extremely easy as they are either incompetent or push value more than any Skippy in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks