• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Backup Microsoft Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone know how to back up e-mail I have alot of e-mail that needs to be saved? Using Outlook 2007:(

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
2 ways - archive older stuff and open it up as a personal folder so you can still access it - Outlook doesn't do well when your .pst file gets up to 2 gigs, at least the older versions didn't handle it well. Or, do a search for your .pst file (you'll know you've found it by the file size) and just copy it onto your backup drive. You can find it under c:\Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
There is an inexpensive program available which will automatically back up your outlook files. The name escapes me at the moment, but a google for "Outlook BAckup" should do it.

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I stumbled on an easy solution. I bought a Western Digital Passport (external USB drive, 120 Gig) for less than $100. It came with WDSynch software. This synchs my contacts, email, documents, appraisal files, etc. to the external drive. This is MUCH faster than working with the .pst file.

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks all I bought a seagate mirra which hooks to my network and backs up everything and is accessable from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks