• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bad Guys In Illinois: & Appraiser Goes To Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrotta

maybe it's just me, but what are these folks thinking - there's plenty of money to be made legally, especially if your the branch manager. There's been a slue of this activity around the country during the 94-97 era and all for flipping. Seems that they must have let out some strange people from their homes during that period.

know of several that were College grads, thinking they were going to outsmart the system. Seems pretty stupid to me, you work for a Bank and your trying to steal their money; hey wouldn't ya have a better shot at trying to outright "rob" the bank :?:

8)

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Believe it or not William's, the appraiser sent to prison, is still licenced in Illinois. Again proving the Illinois Board is one of the worst in the country. You guys in NC got nothing on us when it comes to pure incompetence.

Steve Vertin

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Steven: Maybe Williams will have congressman Tranficant as his cellmate and they can hold hearings on the shortcomings in bank lending policy. All of the fun guys are in the slammer these days. We have a multibillion-dollar CONSECO lending fraud scandal right under the nose of appraisal regulators and SEC and what are we doing? Sitting around talking about the new draft of USPAP and taking licenses for poor comp selection, not making adjustments when under the existing system of appraising there is no system to determine if an adjustment was justified, etc. I am beginning to think that all of the sane people get themselves locked up where they are safe from the nuts running this operation. Remember, “One Flew Over The Coocoo’s’s Nest.” This is the real life sequel to that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks