• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bank One & AppraisalPort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I just received the following FAX. I have never heard of "the .ENV file format." Can anyone enlighten me?

"January 8, 2003

Attention Dave Smith:

When Bank One Mortgage initiated the process of ordering appraisal work electronically through AppraisalPort in September it was intended that you would return completed work using only AI Ready Software such as ACI, Day One etc. in the .ENV format. Bank One Mortgage has experienced some exceptions in this process and would like to reemphasize that using AI Ready software for all appraisal work is mandatory and is required going forward.

Effective immediately, with the delivery of this message, we will start to block the upload of PDF documents or any other format other than .ENV, uploaded through AppraisalPort for Bank One Mortgage.

This step will allow us to effectively perform an electronic underwriting review of the appraisal. This will allow Bank One Mortgage to review your work, approve its content, and pay your invoice in a more timely manner.

Please ensure every appraisal returned also includes the invoice as part of the upload in AppraisalPort.

Thank you for your cooperation."

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
If you want ot keeep doing work for Bank One, you will need to get the appraisalport package from your software provider. Alamode sell the mercury program that converts its files to AI ready (.env). Dayone and others have the converter too. You just convert and upload through Appraisalport and get charged the $5 fee. :)

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Dave,

Check with Alamode for securing your report. There are (or used to be) settings to block mining??????

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
There is security to block mining, but I am sure they can still do it the old fashioned way.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Tim,
Sure they can still steal your material...

But then they gotta WORK at it :twisted:

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I alway include the following in my reports delivered in AI ready format via appraisalport,

APPRAISAL REPORT VALIDITY:This report must be reviewed in its entirety, including all addenda and attachments in order to be properly understood by the reader (there are XX pages total). The client has requested that this report be delivered using FNC Envelope Uploader and Appraisalport. This software and delivery system is known to the appraiser to be flawed and does not deliver the complete report. The complete report is available from the appraiser by request either in PDF format or a "hard copy".

because the envelope uploader software leaves out addendums extra photos etc...

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Frederick,

All my pictures are uploaded including REO interior pitures and all my addendums are uploaded through a general text addendum that Appraisalport accepts. give it a try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks