• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bare Wood Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Seward

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Haven't run into this since 4000.1. Wood picket fence, 5 years old, has most of the paint worn off. Wood appears to be pine. I'm assuming it needs to be painted. Just wanted to check.
Thanks.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Yep...it should be painted.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Cosmetic unless it's lead based paint *** Agree with HOC

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
It would be different on the house and it might be different with HUD. I have not done an FHA in years.

But it is your call. If it is not an MPR with VA then address it and take it into consideration in your opinion of value.

My bad, I just realized you are doing FHA. I am off base today. Must have been the holiday. Too much barbecue. Don't throw me out.:rof:

Last edited:

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
If it was built prior to 1978, it will be an environmental issue regardless. And any lender, conventional, FHA or VA will want it repaired.

They don't want some baby eating lead based paint.

Ask yourself is this a safety, soundness or security issue? If it is, then disclose it and move forward how your client would like for you to proceed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks