• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bay To Bay Appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

nauthead

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Has anyone heard of this company? A friend of mine had her house appraised by this company for a refi. The appraiser came up from Wesley Chappel to Ocala to appraise her home. She sent me a copy of the report and it was pure garbage. Missing adjustments, spread of $179,000 to $229,000 after adjustments on the comps, the list goes on. I checked and no one from that firm is a member of the local MLS so they went stricty off of public records for their comps. I told her she should demand her money back for the appraisal or at least have a second appraisal done. This was through a national lender not a mortgage broker. She couldn't get in touch with the person who originated the loan so she called the owner of Bay to Bay and had a few words with him. He is refunding her money if she agrees not to file a complaint against them. What a profession.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I went behind them a few times in Orlando. It would be nice to take up a collection to refund her money if she does file a complaint. :rof:

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Geeeez, don't let a little thing like that stop you from filing the complaint using the copy you have!!!

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Ok Ok Ok, maybe they have some shortcomings in their report style......but did they make value?

nauthead

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ironically, the value looked low. I told her a complaint could come from a source other than her. I'm no attorney, but refunding a fee sure looks like an admission of guilt. Besides, I'm sure they could uses that $175 fee to cover gas up and back from Chappel Hill.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ironically, the value looked low. I told her a complaint could come from a source other than her. I'm no attorney, but refunding a fee sure looks like an admission of guilt. Besides, I'm sure they could uses that $175 fee to cover gas up and back from Chappel Hill.

$175? is that all she paid?

nauthead

Professional Status
State
Florida
I was joking about the fee-not sure how much it was. The same lender sent me an application form that said they pay $300 for all SFR properties. That's still not much for a trip from that far, less fee split.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
That company actually has appraisers all over the area. They don't work out of the main office as I recall. Keep in mind the MLS access could be in the name of the individual supervising appraiser, not the company. I know of an office in Ocala where the wife of the appraiser (who is a broker) provides the MLS data. It could be just a tired supervisor let one get through that shouldn't. Then again, it could be outright lousy job that borders on mortgage fraud.

My minimum to do a job in FL is $700; no takers at this time. I did have a call from the guy with the Mouse House wanting an update for a refinance. I almost took the job since I'll be down there next weekend to take my FL specific CE and some of the comps I used on the original were from up here in NC. :rof:

nauthead

Professional Status
State
Florida
Follow up to this story. There is a QC for the lender who frequents the Florida forum. He sent me an e-mail asking if the appraisal was for his bank. I put him in touch with the borrower, house was re-appraised by a local appraiser, loan closes on Monday. Sometimes things work the way they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks