• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Beachbody On Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Anyone try this service? I have several of the workout DVDs P90X, Bodybeast, Insanity and 21 Day fix. Mostly use P90X which I find works the best for me over the years. Problem is now the DVDs are not running right on a few. Thought about repurchasing them and getting the Digital Download copy. I have that for Bodybeast. Those two being my favorite workouts. Wondering if anyone else has tried the on demand. They do have a free 30 day trial and for the price $100 a year doesn't sound bad at all.

Just restarted a round of P90X as well recently after an 8 month relaxing found my pants shrunk and my belt wasn't fitting right. So now need to drop about 20 lbs I figure to get back down to 185. Doesn't take long to put back on the weight. Much faster than taking it off. Shouldn't take to long I'm hoping. Bad part is I get up during the week at 4 AM to do this. Kids really make working out hard.

Davy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Just restarted a round of P90X as well recently after an 8 month relaxing found my pants shrunk and my belt wasn't fitting right. So now need to drop about 20 lbs I figure to get back down to 185. Doesn't take long to put back on the weight. Much faster than taking it off. Shouldn't take to long I'm hoping. Bad part is I get up during the week at 4 AM to do this. Kids really make working out hard.

I can't answer your question about the P90X or anything like that, but I have borrowed (stolen?) exercises from workouts like P90X and the like and merely incorporate some of them into my workout. As I approached 50 years of age, the weight would not come off as easily and I found myself working out harder and harder to lose it, but to no avail. What ended up working for me was to truly become disciplined in my diet and not just eat because my tired brain was aching for food. Heck, I sit down most of the day so it isn't my body wanting the calories--it has to be the brain! My wife is pretty good about what we eat so she and did a Paleo Whole 30 diet for six weeks and that really worked well--both of us lost 10 lbs or so. We are currently doing a ketogenic diet and I am only seeing marginal results. I think she responds differently to one diet and I to another. Years ago, I learned from a body builder that the appearance of physique, to a large extent, is mostly from diet. From what I understood from our conversation, it seems to hold true. I work out with much lower weights now and do much more body weight and progressive calisthenics. My joints don't like the heavy weights any longer. The good thing is that I can still look great without killing myself in the process. Whatever time you wake up in the morning to work out, don't work out more than an hour total--otherwise the cortisol kicks in and keeps you from losing fat. Sorry to ramble, but "health and wellness" is a big deal to me.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
Anyone try this service? Bad part is I get up during the week at 4 AM

No, but I tried a cheaper knock-off called "Donut Shop Body on Demand". They make you wake up super early (8:30am) and drive to 3 donut shops per day.
Didn't work too well, but I did become friends with a few cops. Gained 20 pounds and I always had strawberry filling on my shirt and chocolate sprinkles in my hair.
I might ask for a refund...

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
So now need to drop about 20 lbs I figure to get back down to 185.

ELIMINATE all sugars, breads and carbs.

Protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Black coffee, boiled eggs, sausage. Salad for lunch (watch sugary veggies like carrots, peppers and carby stuff like edamamie/soy and nuts as condiments, stick with ranch and blue cheese - no carbs). Dinner, steak, broccoli or cauliflower. There are a lot of no/low carb options out there (Mission tortillas are 6 carbs, big soft and great for sandwiches). Plenty of online resources showing good low carb foods/recipes.

Ketosis will begin in about a week. Your body will burn up your fat while you sleep. Teamed up with a good workout routine, you can drop 20 in no time big boy. :)

Gobears81

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois

Protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Black coffee, boiled eggs, sausage. Salad for lunch (watch sugary veggies like carrots, peppers and carby stuff like edamamie/soy and nuts as condiments, stick with ranch and blue cheese - no carbs). Dinner, steak, broccoli or cauliflower. There are a lot of no/low carb options out there (Mission tortillas are 6 carbs, big soft and great for sandwiches). Plenty of online resources showing good low carb foods/recipes.

Ketosis will begin in about a week. Your body will burn up your fat while you sleep. Teamed up with a good workout routine, you can drop 20 in no time big boy. :)
I've heard about some body types essentially being carnivorous and better suited towards high-protein/ low-carb diets, as you say. Others, like mine, feel like a bowling ball is in their stomach with too much meat. I gave up meat 6-years ago and eat plenty of carbs, but I almost never have stomach problems and though I fall into the "mesomorph" body type, I wouldn't consider myself fat. Personally, I've found that stability is key for making gains in exercise. I read that only 8% of people that make New Year's resolutions succeed, and would venture that a similar percentage that attempt to slim down for summer actually keep the weight off come the following winter. If I were the OP and having trouble with the current regimen due to his schedule, maybe back it down just a bit to something that can last over time. The biggest gains in this type of setup are made after several months of sticking to the routine though.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
The 8 months or so off of working out and watching what I eat really took a toll. I've done the Ketosis diet it's not bad getting past the first week is the chore. Hard part is the 4 am wake ups overall. That and it is much easier to put the weight back on than it is to take it off. So far so good on the start up already dropped a few pounds. Soreness feels good though I have to say overall I hate leg days. First one I did in a long time had to the following day hold the railing while I walked up and down the stairs. Very easy at times to over do it.

Davy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina

Very good advice. Eliminating most all carbs will help get you into ketosis and if one can just stay there, the body begins burning its own fat instead of glycogen, which is eventually eliminated on the diet you listed above. I personally stay away from tortillas, but that is just me.

Davy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The 8 months or so off of working out and watching what I eat really took a toll. Soreness feels good though I have to say overall I hate leg days. First one I did in a long time had to the following day hold the railing while I walked up and down the stairs. Very easy at times to over do it.

I know what the feeling of soreness is like after months of doing nothing and I don't like it one bit, so "I feel your pain." Something I never knew that I only found out recently, if one does a few reps the day after of the same exercise that made them sore, the pain and soreness are mitigated quite a bit. That seems counterintuitive, but it works, as you may already know. It's been at least a week since I have done anything at all, so Sunday Sunday Sunday is my big day to get into it again. :|

Davy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Hmmm, 5 net grams of carbs is seriously low. I may just indulge myself :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks