• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Becoming A Little Annoyed With ACI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy in FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Work has slowed down enough that I have had a chance to play with my ACI 8.5. I was going to try to figure out how to download my Appraisal Port orders and use all of that cool internet stuff they advertise in the ads.

Well, don't 'cha know....I'm not licensed for that. Or for most of the types of stuff in the Review Master, or half of the other stuff I've tried.

I don't mind spending alot of money on software, but it's irritating when you try to use it (in the way they advertise, mind) and it's all..."send us more money and then it will work the way we said it would."

Tired of being nickled and dimed to death...
Kathy in FL

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Kathy,

I'm not sure what firm you are with, but I am here to help. If you can email me your company name and phone number, we'll give you call and get things straightened out for you.

Thanks --

George Opelka
ACI
[email protected]

Kathy in FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I appreciate the phone call and the personal attention... but heck, the computer was telling me as much as the phone call did.

Guess what? I'm not licensed for that! Send more money!!

Anybody using any other software that's "all you can eat" instead of ACI's a la carte?

Kathy

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Kathy,

After reading your reply, I spoke with the account rep that made the courtesy call to you. I won't speak to the specifics of the call as it's not relevant to others on the forum.

It is imporant to note that ACI is a reseller of 3rd party software, web based services, etc... And in some instances, we absorb the risk and make a volume to commitment to the service provider, and negotiate a discount that is passed on to the customer -- see floodinsights. com to get a sense of their fee schedule. In these relationships, everyone benefits with the end user receiving a discount for a more integrated solution. We simply cannot give these services away because there is a cost to build the interface, and there is a direct cost to ACI to resell the 3rd party product.

If you have further questions about any of these services, or if you want to sample the Flood Insights Flood and Census tract lookup, call our Sales Team at 800-234-8727.

Regards, George

George Opelka
ACI
[email protected]

John Niumata

Freshman Member
I disagree with your company's approach to this issue George.

Instead of adding costs to your product because you add interfaces you should add them in for free.
eventually these services will be cheaper if we purchase them separately and find a way to integrate them to our report.
So you will lose customers if they decide to save bucks.
and eventually your competition will do what you are doing and not charge extra for it, so you will lose customers to them.

If you want to charge something for it, charge what it costs you! $5 or $10 is fine.
I think your company's management is going in the wrong direction, you should be trying to dominate the market by not allowing others to better you.

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
John,

I respectfully disagree with your opinion concerning this matter. There is a cost to build, maintain and support interfaces, and it's a bit more involved than the few dollars that you suggest.

Sincerely,

George Opelka
[email protected]
ACI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks