• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Been A While

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Bruckner

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hello everyone, It's been a few weeks since I posted. You all know that I love to vent here, So I figured I would share a non-venting thread. Everything is going fine with my new Boss. Although it was a rough few weeks, I feel he now trusts me and we are getting along better. He gave me my first compliment last week and it made me feel that we have a chance to work together. He is very good at what he does and I like it that he won't do anything in error " just to get the numbers".
He has taught me alot in the last month and I am greatful to him. He knows that I will be the best and he even passed a remark to his wife that I will be a good appraiser.
Remember when I said a little stroke goes a long way, and that when people act as they are God's and don't give a dam about anyone. I was told by some people here to get a tougher skin, No, Thats not the answer. I don't want to be like some of the people here. I do want to be the best at what I do, and theres no doubt about that, But as to being a person whos only quality is that of being a good appraiser, I think not. When I go and we all will, I want to be remembered as a person who cared. No just "he was a good appraiser".
I do appreciate all those who have given me support, and there are some here that I truly admire, but there are some who think their Gods gift, Wake up. Give a pat on the sholder once in a while, Smile, Encourage those who are starting out, be positive.

On my stone I want it to read,
He was a good man, who cared....

thats what mattered.

Allen

Sorry for the rant.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Allen,

Congrats on the compliment from your supervisor. Continue to work hard ask questions even if you think they are dumb. This is the only way to know what is going on. Every little comliment helps when starting out and you don't feel completly lost in the dark. Just remember to write everything down sooner or later you will get to the point where you will remember things easier and quicker concerning appraisals and it will come to you.

As far as the "thick skin" you will eventually have it. This is just reference to letting things slide off your back. One day to a client you will be a god the next you will be the devil and get called every possible name. That is why people say develop a "thick skin" so you don't let things bother you personally what people say. Every appraiser I know that has been in the business for several years has it. Does not mean that you can not be a "good man, who cared".

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Allen:

Thanks for sharing some HAPPY news! :usa:

Glad things are settling into a better state for you...

That said, if this guy is good, and he may well be....
Bank a few of these happy thoughts against future need
and
Be Prepared for some Battles Royale before you are done.
most of those will probably occur ... about the time you figure
you kinda know something :p

Mutter to you self (if need be) 'I am only an egg'
and try not to get scrambled on the occasional
temperament quirks this guy may toss at cha.
He probably isn't going to get a personality transplant :rolleyes:

Hang in and learn well!

Em Tee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
'I am only an egg' and try not to get scrambled

Lee Ann: Kudos! That's the best statement I've ever read!!! :beer: Every trainee should keep that in mind. I know I'm gonna post it in extra large font above my computer!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks